Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've noticed that my truck is squeaking......:lol: i think its coming from the back....not sure though. it only does when i'm driving and its worse on bumps, i cant duplicate the sound when its not moving. the only way i can describe the sound is like a mouse squeaking in mortal agony.....:ugh:

i have a 2005 zq8 with no susp. mods at all. everything is still stock.

do you thinks its the shocks? or something else like the sway bar bushings?

thanks in advance guys! :355:

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I don't know bro,I just flipped 60,000 and it's not as tight anymore but no squeaks,best bet is to get under there and grease what you can and see if it stops.

·
Registered
35 Posts
thats typically due to dried bushings, weather its in the control arms or sway bar etc. possibly but doubtful the shocks, unless its the shock bushings. new or old bushings can make this noise. if new bushings are installed with no anti-seize they will squeek immediately. the only solution to this if this is indeed your issue is to try squirting some anti-seize into the bushing. some auto parts stores carry this antiseize in an aerosol can. this may not always solve your problem. to properly solve this is to dissassemble whichever bushings and replace them and properly lube them with antiseize.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts