Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I doubt it. I'm pretty sure they are made for the size of the engine. I don't think I could put a 3.5 tb on a 3.7 but I could be wrong. According to Supermod, I need a new PTB from my upcoming 3.7 since the one I have is for a 3.5. It might bolt on but won't run right..someone correct me if i'm wrong.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
I am running a 3.5 on a 3.7 right now brandon. The one for the 3.5 and 3.7 may have some internel difference...but the outside, they are exactly the same.

·
Member's Technical crew
12,060 Posts
BTW the only issue I have is that sensor..once thats replaced I will be good to go!

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I am running a 3.5 on a 3.7 right now brandon. The one for the 3.5 and 3.7 may have some internel difference...but the outside, they are exactly the same.
Interesting to know that! James said it needed to be changed when doing the swap. ...have me dumbfounded now

·
Registered
3 Posts
Other than the 2.9, would any of the 5cyl tb's bolt up to a 2.8?
I had just picked up a 3.5 TB from the wreckers(they didn't have any 2.8's available)
Bolts right up but I get Reduced Power Mode when I hit the gas quick. Idles great and will slowly climb the RPM's if gentle. Just read in another thread that there's a plastic tab in the intake manifold that needs to be filed down. I'll check that out tomorrow.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had just picked up a 3.5 TB from the wreckers(they didn't have any 2.8's available)
Bolts right up but I get Reduced Power Mode when I hit the gas quick. Idles great and will slowly climb the RPM's if gentle. Just read in another thread that there's a plastic tab in the intake manifold that needs to be filed down. I'll check that out tomorrow.

Did you figure this out?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Did you figure this out?
Yes and no. It will work but a tuner is needed to change one single parameter in the ECU. I can’t remember which exact one at the moment. I’m thinking engine idle scaler??? 2.8L is at 2400.something and just need to change it to 4200(the same as a Trailblazer). I don’t have access to one so I gave up on that and found a 2.8TB at another wrecker.
Apparently, if you do this swap, it’s supposed to be like going from a 2 barrel carb to a 4 barrel on the old school V8’s.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes and no. It will work but a tuner is needed to change one single parameter in the ECU. I can’t remember which exact one at the moment. I’m thinking engine idle scaler??? 2.8L is at 2400.something and just need to change it to 4200(the same as a Trailblazer). I don’t have access to one so I gave up on that and found a 2.8TB at another wrecker.
Apparently, if you do this swap, it’s supposed to be like going from a 2 barrel carb to a 4 barrel on the old school V8’s.
As for the tab on the intake, yes is does exist. The throttle plate will hit the tab causing a delay in throttle response which then triggers the Reduced Power Mode.
I got rid of the tab but it didn’t make a difference. Still got the RPM. Gotta do the tune to fix it.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts