Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have one of my sway bar links backwards. Drives side bolts face bed, pass faces grill, please help.

pass side

drivers side

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
i think it won't really matter too much, but i could be wrong. if you wanted to, just undo it and turn it around.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
i think it won't really matter too much, but i could be wrong. if you wanted to, just undo it and turn it around.
Not the easiest task. I replaced one of those when it blew out (you could move it like a joystick in full 360 motion and its supposed to go up and down only) and my friend helped me because you gotta keep the pressure on the sway bar so you can get the bolt nice and tight. If you've got a buddy who can help and is mechanically inclined i'd do that and spend the 10 minutes to correct it. Otherwise unless it's driving wierd, clicking or clunking... i'd just leave it. :shrug:

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes please. I changed out my cross member and going over the bolts on the front make sure everything is still tight then saw the links where oppisite to each other, if you have time and could look at your truck for me that would be sweet.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Driver side shot from FRONT OF TRUCK

Passanger side shot from FRONT OF TRUCK

Like I said both face the front. IS THE TRUCK DRIVING IMPROPERLY?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here and there. Around CALI, you never now if it is your car or the road. But I have some creaking, wich I think is normal. But sometimes it happens when I get in the truck not even driving. Thanks for the input, I will swith that out right now. Look for a new post in the suspension forum of my ebrake cable. It will be a little later. Thanks agian.

·
Registered
3,444 Posts
Here and there. Around CALI, you never now if it is your car or the road. But I have some creaking, wich I think is normal. But sometimes it happens when I get in the truck not even driving. Thanks for the input, I will swith that out right now. Look for a new post in the suspension forum of my ebrake cable. It will be a little later. Thanks agian.
No problem bro, :355:. Just so you know the sound when their blown is a clinking/clunking metallic sound. When they blow it does NOT effect drivability/handling/stability of the truck, just annoying and embarrasing. :lol:

Good luck with the change man, like I said it's not as easy as just removing the bolt and flipping it then puttin the bolt back on. Theres a part that rotates that your gonna have to keep still or when you tighten the bolt it will just spin the whole part. Sorry i'm being so vague with my terms but i'm by no means a mechanic.... just a dude with a colorado who's been down that road before. :)

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
No problem bro, :355:. Just so you know the sound when their blown is a clinking/clunking metallic sound. When they blow it does NOT effect drivability/handling/stability of the truck, just annoying and embarrasing. :lol:
he's right, you actually don't even need the sway bar. i got rid of them on my s-10, and no problems at all. a tiny bit more body roll, but it was bagged, so i already rode on the ground, lol. btw, how the hell did you end up doing that anyway, Wolf?

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Put the ball joints and zq8 spring and shock in, guess I justed missed it. That was a really long weekend, after a 52 hour work week.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts