Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just bought a second colorado. im currently taking everything off of my previous colorado and putting it into the new one so i can sell it. im running halos and white led markers with switchback signals. The drls are only the corner makers, and it looks like it is the signal filament that is being lit, and not the marker filament.

does this mean that my transfer my switchbacks they will be amber during the day when the drls are on, and white at night when the standard markers are on?

same goes for the halos, the halos are installed right now. but they are wired into the marker lights, and since its the signal filament that has the power, the halos are off during the day and on at night. if i wire them to where they are on with the corner light during the day, then they will be off at night and turn on when my signal is on.

is my theory correct? and is there away to get all 4 marker lights on for drls and not just the corner signals?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the new truck is a 2006 xtreme. the old one was a 2006 z85.

i used supermods drl mod to switch the drls from the headlights to the marker lights on the z85. so all 4 marker lights were used for drls.

the xtreme has the turn signal lights as the drls. so the outside mark lights are lit, and the inside marker lights a off. also the outside marker lights are the same brightness as when using the signal. which to me indicates that its using the second filament in the bulb for the drl.

then at night when all the marker lights are on, the outside lights are dimmer meaning its using the first filament in the bulb.

so if the second filament is used during the day, then my turnbacks will be amber during the day?

and my halos are wired into the circuit that powers the running lights, not the circuit that powers the turnsignal.

is that alittle more understandable?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts