Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im startin to come up wit ideas for a system and this is what i have so far...i wanna go wit 2 10s under the back seat.. the subs im thinkin bout r the http://sonicelectronix.com/item_9156_Rockford+Fosgate+Punch+P3SD210+Shallow-mount.html.. .. the box i found so far is this 1 http://www.supercrewsound.com/shop/detail/11/65.htm...... now for the amps i have no clue wut to get so maybe if yall can help me out wit that also i do plan on gettin door speakers but i will get them last.. ne help will be appreciated n opinions.. thanx guys

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
it sounds like you know what your going for on this one. the sub/box sound good to me. as far as an amp if your struggling for space lookfor a class D amp. mtx makes good ones.

for door speakers get a good set of components or atleast some 6.5s. the stock tweeters arent that bad imo and DEF be sure to amp w/e new speakers you get also. makes a major difference. i ran the infinity reference 6012s(just 6.5s not the components) with a rockford 250.2 amp and have the tweeters running off of my pioneer deck. they sounds really clean and dont distort even when turned way up

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it sounds like you know what your going for on this one. the sub/box sound good to me. as far as an amp if your struggling for space lookfor a class D amp. mtx makes good ones.

for door speakers get a good set of components or atleast some 6.5s. the stock tweeters arent that bad imo and DEF be sure to amp w/e new speakers you get also. makes a major difference. i ran the infinity reference 6012s(just 6.5s not the components) with a rockford 250.2 amp and have the tweeters running off of my pioneer deck. they sounds really clean and dont distort even when turned way up
thanx man thats gonna help alot when i decide on wut to get

·
Registered
893 Posts
Something that would help us guys out would be how much your willing to spend. That would play a huge factor in what I would recommend.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
WOOT college budget!!! haha i feel ya on that. best buy sells last years model items for 50% off... and open items are also a good find there...just dont let them install anything they are morons

if you decide on other low budget mods i can prob be of assistance. like running suede on your headliner and doors for $40...

·
Registered
839 Posts
its goin to be on a college budget so about a grand r little less
Dang maybe i need to go to college... ha i wish i had a grand budget on a system ha i have to get one piece at a time.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
WOOT college budget!!! haha i feel ya on that. best buy sells last years model items for 50% off... and open items are also a good find there...just dont let them install anything they are morons

if you decide on other low budget mods i can prob be of assistance. like running suede on your headliner and doors for $40...
alrite ima have to check that out.. ill be lookin into the suede proly round the summer time maybe

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeh thats when i did mine. i wasnt thinking of how i wear snow gear in my truck during the winter.....realllly hoping i dont do damage... haha

·
Registered
24 Posts
I would offer up some advice, try typing so that people can actually read what you're trying to say. Instead of using internet slang such as "no rly wat do u think?" try typing out the entire sentence as "No, really, what do you think?"

I'm not trying to start anything, I'm just saying that if you form your sentences in a structured manner, people will probably respond more to your posts instead of ignoring them. Again, I'm offering this as advice rather than a slam, try not to be petulant. :)

Anyway, if you're stuck on the idea of running 10's under your rear seats, I would say prepare to be disappointed as far as being able to produce mind numbing, sloppy, earth shattering bass. If you're going for SQL (sound quality) rather than SPL (sound pressure) the 10's are a great idea.

I'm not entirely sure what kind of room you have under your rear seats, but a shallow set of MB Quart 10's should fit nicely. I would recommend going with an Alpine amp for your 10's, Alpine is a very clean amplifier.

For Midrange speakers, I would do a nice set of 6.5" JL, or Kicker. The former can be had for around $200/pair and the latter for $150. For a midrange amp, I would go with an alpine as well, or, just a decent 4 channel. Because cost is coming into play, and you want to stay under $1,000, You might look at a 5 channel amp that will power your 4 midrange speakers as well as your 2 subwoofers.

If you would like pricing as you get closer to purchasing (I say this because I don't just go to my guy for people that aren't ready to purchase for awhile) I can help you there, we have a local shop in AZ that gives us quite a discount on car audio.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts