Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Evening everyone. I have been working on putting a decent system together for the last couple of weeks and also trying to stay within a modest budget. Here is what I have to date: Image Dynamics 10D4 sub, CDT classic components, CDT classic coaxials, Audio Control LC6i, Alpine MRP-F600 for the speakers and Alpine MRP-M600 for the sub. Purcahsing was the fun and easiest part! I will be consrtucting a setup much ike a few members with amps under the seats and the sub between the seats of my EC. I have yet to purchase any wiring or the MDF. I now have to get the specific design of the enclosure laid out and experiment with the contours of the floorboard and such. The Alpine 600 is fairly big which is my concern at this point. I am also concerned about heat dissipation for the amps. Has anyone raised the seats in the back by an inch or so? It looks like the bolts holding down the seat could be raised by placing something like pipe under them and a longer bolt. Anyone have any ideas that may help me? Thanks.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
i'm out in the middle of the fucking ocean right now, but i would say that the heat sinks on the amps would be more than adequate as long as there is enough space around them for the heat to escape. why not just taking the seats out completely? or is that not an option?

·
Registered
971 Posts
I don't know about your question about the seats but I just wanted to say great choice on audio equipment. You're gonna have a great sounding system. CDT and Image Dynamics are great companies.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Greg, have a long cool one for me :D
I wish I could take out the seats, but that is not an option. As useless as the seats are, they fit kids perfectly for runs around town. I do not have the passenger airbag defeat, so they are relagated to the hind quarters.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Greg, have a long cool one for me :D
I wish I could take out the seats, but that is not an option. As useless as the seats are, they fit kids perfectly for runs around town. I do not have the passenger airbag defeat, so they are relagated to the hind quarters.
oh, my bad dude, i type how i talk. i really didn't know i had typed that untill i read it. anyways, it would seem like you have somewhat of a dilemma. just gotta play around with it a bit and see what you can do. let us know how it goes.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I have my 2 10's mounted between the seats in the ext cab and the only issue i have encountered was that my seats touch the box.

My amp is mounted under the seat and it sits perfectly right on top of the amp, never had any over heating problems.

Excuse the mess of AV wires it was after i hooked up my xbox and was in the testing phase before i cleaned and hid the wires

1 - 7 of 7 Posts