Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on building a custom console for my truck and was wondering how the Alpine MRP-M450 Mono sub amp and the Alpine Type-E SWE-1242 12" 4-ohm dual voice coil over subwoofer would perform i plan on putting it facing up toward the back window in between the front and the back seat and have the amp placed in between the seats. Also would i need a bigger battery for just one sub? I don't want it to make me skip a heart beat or anything just harder than what it hits now with just polks in the front and back.

X

·
0 Posts
just get 2 Alpine type X SWX-1243D 12''s and a Memphis Mojo 16-MCD4KW amp. and u will be ready to go.

X

·
0 Posts
well i have 2 jl w1 12s and a memphis amp i might sell bc im lookin to upgrade...

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well im on a budget kind of, any body hear about kenwood subs? reviews seem good and they are pretty cheap, also i've heard hifonics makes a good amp true or no?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Dude.....my bro has 2 of those Kenwood "whirlwind" subs, or whatever they're called. The ones with the swirl patterin in them. He's got the amp'ed with 2 kenwood amps....HOLY Shit! They freakin POUND. And he's been rockin them for some time now.......

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
haha i have the kenwoods that josh is referring to as well....

KFC-W3009 "typhoon" woofer... and im selling them... my whole set up actually

2 12" Kenwoods powered with 1440W Autotek (made by hifonics/Maxxsonics) and they sound good... I know Blaine has heard them and im sure anyone from the first Florida meet can tell you. I think josh has seen my set up before too at the last meet

check it out

http://forum.355nation.net/showthread.php?t=289

·
Registered
839 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yeah, jl's cost a fortune though thats the problem ha i know they are quality, but i want something then upgrade when the funds allow it, because ive still got a lot of stuff to do (plan on goin show truck)

X

·
0 Posts
well just get one that hits good and matches everything else in the truck... maybe fiberglass custom box painted to match..

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
a single 12 will work more than fine for what it sounds you want. ive got a single 12" mtx roadthunder (cheaper model) and it hits really hard imo...ive had a few systems so i think im a good judge of whats loud?

if i ever redo mine i want an s10l7 kicker. super loud and really clean. i think another member did a fiberglass enclosure exactly like your talking about but with one of the L series kickers

1 - 12 of 12 Posts