Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is probably posted somewhere I just can't find it in a search. What are yall getting from the ground to the finder lip after torqing? I'm getting about 38". Also shouldn't the steering be as close to vertices as possible. I saw the reamer thread should I do this? Did you used a washer on the other side or is the hole still small enough to give a good firm hold?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
381 Posts
that is not a fair measurement, because a taller tire or taller wheel can change this, the proper measurement is from the center of the wheel hub to the lip of the fender, but I forget the agreed upon max measurement, 24 inches I think, I forget, someone will chime in.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so the heigth measurement has been answered... Now if I turn my steering over and bore out the taper to fit and all.. is there really enough meat for the bolt to bite? I would think that since the taper is over there and the hole is so much bigger than the stud that there may not be enough meat to bite.

·
Super Moderator
3,620 Posts
I think he talking about flipping the tie rod.... not a good idea

·
Registered
362 Posts
i wouldnt do it, i cranked mine bout a year ago all was good had to get an alignment tire wear wasnt bad but then again i dont drive far, if you do decide to crank them hit up suspension maxx for the ball joint flip and diff spacers best money i ever spent i got the stage2 diff spacers and my front shafts are almost straight

1 - 7 of 7 Posts