Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few days ago I took the pic attached. Its important to know tgat the truck was not running. It ran that way for a good part of that day. I also had an incident where the needle for the tach gave up and was hanging alnost straight down and that happened while I was driving. It went back to normal when it didn't work while driving after I stopped for gas but the picture incident didnt clear out til next evening. Any ideas on what is causing this? What I dont need is this possibly affecting other gauges and end up getting stranded without gas. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
If you see your fuel gauge move then you know its not broke....that one moves pretty quickly.

All I can suggest is to disconnect your battery and reconnect after an hour.

Sometimes my speedometer has a mind of it's own...but only after I connect the battery. Our trucks are have pretty stupid, or over sophisticated, electrical systems. The BCM requires a rest (disconnecting the battery for an hour) sometimes.

Was this a random incident, or did you do something prior to it beginning?

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If you see your fuel gauge move then you know its not broke....that one moves pretty quickly.

All I can suggest is to disconnect your battery and reconnect after an hour.

Sometimes my speedometer has a mind of it's own...but only after I connect the battery. Our trucks are have pretty stupid, or over sophisticated, electrical systems. The BCM requires a rest (disconnecting the battery for an hour) sometimes.

Was this a random incident, or did you do something prior to it beginning?
These were the only two incidents ive had with this issue. Each incident has almost a month of proper operation in between also. After reading the other thread of the motor on the speedo going bad im starting to wonder since im over 71,000 miles myself. Ill try the batt disconnect first.

G

·
0 Posts
Hello oneromc760,

I understand that you are reaching out to your fellow forum members on their opinion on what happen to your vehicle and are seeking advice on how to resolve this issue. I might not be able to provide you any technical advice or diagnose your vehicle but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me if you have any lingering questions.

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

1 - 5 of 5 Posts