Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There are 3 bulbs in the rear tail lights. 2 red and 1 white. I would like to make 2 changes. Maybe this is another kit @Supermodulation could design and provide.

Change 1: Make the 2 Red bulbs function as parking/brake lights only. Remove turn signal functjon. Both light up for brakes.

Change 2: Use a cree switchback, like seen below, in the reverse lights. When it is in reverse it will illuminate white to act as a bright guide light. When the turn signal is applied it will blink Amber for the turn signal without the bright white cree.

Supermod, if you see this, what is your input. "I think" I can do this my self. I want it to be all LED in the factory tail lamp assembly. I just need a nudge in the right direction to get the wiring correct to make it function properly.

Thoughts everyone?

Tail Lights LED Flashing

edit: just realized I this would have been better located in the Electrical/Lighting/Security section. Mods, please relocate. :)

·
Registered
182 Posts
I have those switchbacks in my front turn signals, I know that I didn't need to use my resistors for those, but my plan is to get another pair of said switchbacks and run them in my tinted tails. They look way more orange. The thing is however, that you will have hyper flash, so you will need resistors for the rears. That is where I am anyway. The switchback bulbs look amazing though.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Good thinking, this idea appeals to me.

I need brighter back-up lighting.
Thought about embedding some small LED spotlamps in my rollpan for backups but I hate to clutter it up with lights.

If the amber LEDs can be seen clearly in the brightest daytime light then I think your idea is excellent.

·
Super Moderator
1,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That bulb has 4 5w CREE leds on the white behind the projector lens and 12 5w CREE amber leds around the sides. Should be plenty bright for daytime visibility.

I put new tint and I want better visibility at night when I back up at night + I want to add visibility/communication to the driver behind me that I am stopping. Might have to see about purchasing a couple of connectors to see what I can do wiring wise.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts