Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this issue, but both of my rear tail lights look like they're peeling from the inside. The drivers side (pictured) is worse than the passenger side, but both have it.

I can buy a new OEM housing for like 65-70 bucks each. I'd like to tint them but it's not going to take away from being able to see this. I don't really know if anything can be done about this, so does anybody else have this issue?

·
Registered
486 Posts
Well that sucks! What year is your truck? 2004? First year, I hope they fixed this problem with later trucks. That could cause a driving hazard if your brake light peels the red off and becomes clear. That should be a recall. Yeah, good luck. What the Hell!

·
Premium Member
2,691 Posts
I have seen the separated lenses in your pic... My brothers and mine both started doin it... I replaced mine... He is still running his... Looks fucked up... Mine came from Amazon...

·
Roll Damn Tide!
631 Posts
My left rear is horrid...:dawg: I will have new smoked grey ones soon.

·
Registered
163 Posts
mine looks worse tan that. And drivers side worse than passenger's as you said. I'll be picking up replacements soon.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
My passenger side is doing it. I thought it had been hit or cracked, but nope... just delaminating from within. Looks crappy, but I'm still trying to find replacements that I like.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I see others have the same problem, oh well, the truck's 10 years old so I guess I should expect things to happen. Looks like I'll just have to buy a replacement...make that two!

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Same here, noticed it yesterday, passenger side only for now.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts