Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
I have other products i have bought from him with no issues. I just noticed its a prebuy item and was wondering how long he has had these available. I was hoping to be one of the first ten lol.
Call tomorrow and find out if you are in the first ten! Then let everyone else know what the status is...

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Its not listed as a new item so im not sure how long its been available. I did notice his v8 cai is no longer available. Im sure not many sales there but i was one of them. I think I'll wait and see. I like surprises.

·
Custom User Title
249 Posts
Well, that's certainly kewL

I already made the purchase using the Pay Pal link so I wasn't paying attention and thought it was just the bracket itself

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
I like that it conceals the strut inside the tailgate latch area unlike others ive seen where its insude the bed corner. Atleast i hope thats how it is per the description.

My shipping label was created the 22nd. Hope to get it soon.

·
Custom User Title
249 Posts
There's pretty much only one way to set this up which is just like they do on the full size trucks.

Now, all I need to do is find a can of spray paint that is summit white so I can paint the cylinder the same color as my truck

·
Custom User Title
249 Posts
Is Olympic White the same as Summit White?

I found Dupli-Color spray paint in a can, but they seem to only offer Olympic White

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
Think my order has been lost by the USPS. Tracking showed it was to be here on Monday and Fridays mail has come and still not here. Was hoping to be able to post an installed pic by now. Sorry all. Will update soon, I hope.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
When I finally receive mine from the USPS which hopefully in next day or 2 I will make sure to get you all some pics.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
20200714_112310.jpg
20200714_114657.jpg
20200714_120818.jpg
20200714_121741.jpg

There is a problem here though.

20200714_121000.jpg

The cable doesn't fit with the strut when closed. Removing cable isnt easy either. The latch side bolt for cable has a retaining ring that doesn't let the bolt come out to remove the cable. Not sure if this was mentioned.

·
Premium Member
615 Posts
So easy solution once you get retaining ring off cable bolt on latch. Just do a switch a roo with the cable and bolts. Make sure to install what used to be the bed side cable mount cable to the bolt before installing bolt into latch on tailgate. Also don't tighten the what used to be tailgate bolt to the bedside too tight or cable wont swivel.
20200714_125447.jpg
20200714_125539.jpg
20200714_125457.jpg

21 - 40 of 48 Posts