Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my tailgate straps broke and I was wondering if anyone else has had the same problem and if they know if it is a warranty issue because of safety reasons?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
There might be. I know the s-10's had a problem with that. My girlfriend's dad has a 01 ZQ8 with like 90K on it and he just had his replaced under a recall I guess.

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
alright ill let u guys know!

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
it scared the shit out of me the damn things broke at the same time while i was standing on the tailgate trying to load the 4 wheeler. the bumper left a nice crease across the tailgate and cracked the paint too. i am so pissed.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
i was just talking to another 355 owner about this. the drivers side strap is loose while the passenger side one is tight. it was like that on both of our trucks. are yours all like that too?

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yeah it was to tell ya the truth

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
that and i f i remember right the passengers side broke just before the drivers side. and the funny thing is that the cables broke up next to the rubber shoe gate adjuster. not down were they bend.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
yeh thats the exact thing i was talking about. if both were at the same tension they would be twice as strong right? im assuming the thought is if the one breaks the other will hold but if its enough weight to break one, obv the second will go with it. i say you throw a major fit and get us a recall!!! haha only if it was that simple...

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol yeah i know right! i think that its definitely a safety hazard because i went flat on my back when those broke. that and im only 200 lbs thats the damed of all things because they should have held me.

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
your 200lbs but you said you were loading a 4 wheeler...how much does that weigh? hahaha

i weigh 265 and my gf is 130 and we were sittin on it the other night hangin out and they havent broken yet. if they do i hope the bumper is damaged but my tailgate and exhaust arent lol (i want a rollpan)

·
Registered
3,158 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
lol yeah! see the scary thing is that i hadn't even loaded the wheeler yet when they broke it was just me on it!

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
i was just talking to another 355 owner about this. the drivers side strap is loose while the passenger side one is tight. it was like that on both of our trucks. are yours all like that too?
At the beginning, the dealers used to take care of that issue. Now GM says it's normal, just like the fogged headlights. :roll:

Mine is like that too. One is taught and the other has some slack in it.

X

·
0 Posts
i would go raise some hell at the dealership and if they didnt replace it id threaten to go buy a ford lol jk piss on ford

1 - 15 of 15 Posts