Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has any body used it. i wanna smoke my tails and it seems like using tint instead of covers would give a much more sleek finish just wondering how durable it is

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
It holds pretty damn well from what I've heard. Youre talking about the VHT Nite shade stuff right? Don't forget to clear coat those bitches though!

I took the easy way out and had mine done, glad I did though :)

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^not sure ,been wanting to do it and found some kits for our trucks already cut. how much did u pay 2 have it done

·
Registered
3,118 Posts
$150, kind of a lot.. but it looks flawless. The guy even mixed a little blue paint in to match the colour of my truck and I got all three done.

You probably mean the LUND covers, they're alright. The problem is I've heard that there isn't a 3rd brake cover and that sometimes the cover doesn't 100% cover the light (edges shine through)

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
VHS Niteshades is only $13 a can, then a can of clear is like $5-$6. The niteshades is kinda tricky to spray though. The clear is too but not as much as the niteshades. If you're handy with a spray can then you shouldn't have a problem, but if you don't have much experience.....I'd suggest getting some random scrap taillight at a yard and practicing 1st.

I've smoked like 4 sets of lights now. Now I'm going to be smoking them and selling them. The buyers can either send me their lights back, or keep them for an additional charge. If you don't feel confident enough to try this on your own, PM me and I can give you the rundown on a price.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
^funny shit i googled VHS niteshades and the first two links that popped up were your nation posts they looked good tho(ur taillights) i'm pretty confident i can handle this thanx for the info. BTW, summit has it listed under VHT. also how many cans did u need

·
Registered
2,643 Posts
The proper name is VHT Nite Shade. I used this on my Saturn taillights and they came out pretty damned well. Take your time though - easy to fuck up.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
D'oh!! For some reason I always think it's VHS, but that's the sticky track compound.

And one can will do both taillights and your 3rd brake light. They'll come out nice and dark if you dump the whole can on there, or if you don't want them that dark, just stop at a few coats...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts