Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,
My taillight on passenger side is not burning. No the bulb is not blown. I've swapped several bulbs out and no luck. Fuze is not the answer because driver side works. Could it be the socket? Has anyone else had this problem? My nearest Chevy dealership is 45 miles away so I rarely am free during mechanic working hours to bring it over. I've been pulled over by the fuzz twice so I need to fix it asap

·
Premium Member
2,761 Posts
Guys,
My taillight on passenger side is not burning. No the bulb is not blown. I've swapped several bulbs out and no luck. Fuze is not the answer because driver side works. Could it be the socket? Has anyone else had this problem? My nearest Chevy dealership is 45 miles away so I rarely am free during mechanic working hours to bring it over. I've been pulled over by the fuzz twice so I need to fix it asap
There are, in fact, two fuses for the taillights (Park Lamps). Do you have the towing option?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Those light sockets are pretty stout and rarely fail...I'd tear out the light assy and inspect the wiring closely...look for cracks or breaks in the lines and connections. After metering the current, of course. Hope you find your electrical gremlin.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
lights are controled by the computer. have you tried your hazard switch? sometimes the switch causes problems.

check the tailight grounds.

if needed, as a last resort, run a jumper wire from the good tailight.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts