Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, for all u hoosiers, u know how ppl drive on 70. (80+ mph) Picture your passenger side drl light housing coming out of the clip and the whole light fixture bangin the shit out of your hood and quarter panel!!! I had to sit there and let it beat the hell out of my truck til all the ppl behind me got off my ass so I could pull over. Needless to say I'm not a very happy camper. I looked at the light's clip and the socket it goes into on the grill assembly and nothing is broke/wrong with it. I have no clue how it could've came out. I'l ltry to get some pics tomorrow. I just finished putting all the stock headlight housing back in cuz it would look stupid with all clear reflectors except that 1 orange stock reflector on the passenger side. Has this happen to anyone else that bought the black and clear housings from ebay? thanx

·
3'' of glory
17,130 Posts
damn bro that sucks

sounds like when the drl was installed it wasnt "clipped" in complelty and came loose after hitting a bump or something

im orginally from IN, greencastle, so i know how ppl drive there

sorry to hear about that

how bad did it fuck up your hood and quarter panel?

·
Registered
3,615 Posts
damn that is shitty. let us kno when or if you figure out exactly what caused it.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Yea dude i heard this happening on those ebay aftermarket headlamps. In fact DBnissan has those too and he said they fit kinda loose when he first installed them so i think he rigged his somehow with zipties so he's coo now.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
Damn, that sucks. If you think 70 is bad then hop on 65N to Chicago, if you're doing less than 90 in the left hand lane you're getting ran over.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update: Add SS Bumper has all kinds of paint missing, didn't notice cuz it was dark. I had them in since last april with no probs at all. So I was pretty surprised myself. I couldn't get the camera from the ol lady today but definitely tomorrow I'll have pics up. Lil heads up.....bout 4 quarter sized dents on the hood bout 10 on the quarter panel plus rubbed off plastic all over and plastic on the clear part of the light.

X

·
0 Posts
that sucks man. sry to hear it. i guess ebay is the wrong place to buy shit even though we all do it

·
Premium Member
3,764 Posts
That suck ass man. Had the same kinda thing happen once with a car i had, a snow chain busted and I couldnt pull over. It ate the shit outta my fender and cut up my CV joint. If there is no paint off your hood you might be able to get someone to do PDR on it.

·
Registered
94 Posts
That happened to me, I hit a big ass bump on the freeway and the passanger one popped out, I heated up the clip thingy and bent it out some more so it wouldn't come out again.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
god damn bro.. sorry to hear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts