Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking of having a 90deg adapter for my TB so i can build a nice ram air setup.
so, let's talk about the Pros and Con of turning it to the right ? it will be 90mm inside, same
as the LS3 TB and a smooth 90deg aluminum radius elbow and bolt to the intake.
it's a DBW so no cable to worry about.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Just get the nice Holley Hi-Rise LS intake........make easy work and more power

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think they would fit under the hood. our work on our eng.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
With the motor it should and with your cowl hood you should be fine. A quick call to holley and a measurement under the hood will let you know for sure

·
Super Moderator
1,880 Posts
Measure to see it it will clear. I think it would be close, but clear. Our truck intake is very tall. Clearance measurements below. From couch based Internet search, approx. 1" to 1.25" taller than stock truck intake.

also, I think they were for the rectangle port and not cathedral port. Have to see if they have a version for cathedral port.

found the cathedral port version.

http://www.holley.com/300-122.asp

·
Registered
868 Posts
I don't know if it would work for you but LS6 intakes work very well on Cath. Port heads and are stock on 02 Z28/TA,s and a 90 mm. Thr. Body did nothing for me on the Dyno over the 78 on my LS6 with cam,headers,tune. This was 8 years ago but other than a Fast intake nothing I tried worked as well. I know the truck intakes work well to but they are sort of ugly and it is easier to clean up the engine bay with the car intakes,also the $difference between a Fast and an LS6 will buy some more go fast goodies!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yeah the truck intakes are proven to be great for low end torque, but the majority of the car style intakes are more geared to the mid range and top end.

Its nice to know that they will fit though......they look really nice powder coated

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the Holley is meant for bigger engines and 8000rpm.
our int is the best all around you can get/use on a 5.3
maybe the 90mm will work on it, the mounting hole is 90mm.
will try it at the track when i go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts