Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just cleaned my throttle body today and installed an OBX TB spacer. My truck hasn't ran this smooth since I've owned it? Idles perfect. Pedal feels a lot smoother.

I wanted to know if anyone knows what the other pieces I got in the TB kit would go to. I didn't come with any instructions. There's still 2 lil brackets with two holes and two little bolts leftover. One of the holes on the bracket is counter sunk and the two bolts are made to sit flush I n the holes. I had no use for these parts when installing it?

Next is going to be a super mods PTB.

I just 'recently purchased my truck (04 Colorado ex cab let) around 2 months ago with 108000 miles on it. When on a test drive the fuel tank sensor went. Once I received it the cam sensor went driving home. Had to replace all 4 speakers cause they were blown. I think my water pump is in its way out now. ? . Other than that the truck is nice.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
The brackets are probably to mount a throttle-position/wide-open throttle switch on the TB. This would be used to open a valve for nitrous for example.

Glad to hear you got the idle smoothed out.
That's probably the result of cleaning the TB.

A TB spacer isn't going to do anything at all.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
For poor idle I had good results with cleaning the TB, replacing the forward oxygen sensor, and replacing the manifold air pressure sensor (MAP).

All of which was excellent advice I got from members here.

·
Registered
373 Posts
the two brackets could be to relocate the resonator. Mine came with those too. Dont need them now as i deleted the resonator.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I had those also from my airaid one they are if you have a 4cly to move the resonator box.

Everything feels better because of the cleaning. I had mine on for 6 months with a ported t/b from James. It was a very small if notable difference.

I removed it and sold it as I could not stand the whistling noise from it. And to be honest after removing it the throttle now feels better.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
In a modern fuel-injected engine, additional distance for the air to travel is exactly what you do not want.

TB spacers were conceived for use with carbureted engines.
They provide a small bit of isolation between the carb and the heat conducted from the intake manifold.

On a fuel-injected engine the only thing they accomplish is to cause a tiny fraction more resistance to intake air (which decreases power and driveability).
They also help the vendor separate your cash from your wallet.

Even worse is when the TB spacer is machined to induce "swirl" to the airflow.
Some "swirl" (turbulence) is a good thing.... inside the combustion-chamber.

Any swirling action in the intake only slows the airstream, which means less air in the cylinder, which means.... well, you know the rest.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts