Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
as the title says...

took the TB off to give it a quick cleaning before i run to Jacksonville tomorow. as i was working the clip, the two ends pretty much fell off, like the plastic became brittle and broke.

any one know a place to get this clip? not finding it on RA. other then a JY? would one off a 4cyl or a 3.7 fit? hate to see what the stealer would charge for this. for now, i have some electrical tape wraped around the clip. this is holding the clip in, therefore keeping the line on.

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Would a bent paper clip hold it on there?

·
Registered
242 Posts
You might want to check an auto part store. I've seen similar type clips in the generic do-dads watchamacallits on the shelf. The Baxter's over by my house has different grommets and clips for each car manufacturer. You might get lucky and GM may use these in other cars. Good Luck.

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would a bent paper clip hold it on there?
dunno if i'd trust that. the clip itself is still good, hence the tape holding it in.

You might want to check an auto part store. I've seen similar type clips in the generic do-dads watchamacallits on the shelf. The Baxter's over by my house has different grommets and clips for each car manufacturer. You might get lucky and GM may use these in other cars. Good Luck.
good idea. will have to check them out later. would give me an excuse to take the bike out tomorow once i get back from jacksonville, if its not too late or shitty weather.

·
Ass Milk
1,006 Posts
same thing happen to mine...I think its y I get the engine stall...ima replace it when I redeploy.....

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
replacing whole line or just clip?

·
Monkey Slut!
9,479 Posts
They'll probably charge you for the whole line just for the clip. Did the same with my last truck, just left the clip on and it held fine. I'm sure some electrical tape around it will hold it.

·
Ass Milk
1,006 Posts
if they sale jus the clip...if not .......................

·
Dont let the Nation die
15,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Made it to jacksonville and back and the line is still on. Lol. :shrug: still havent made it to autozone yet, tho.

·
Boost. Get's you laid.
2,400 Posts
Glad you made the trip man, I'd just see about scoring one from a junkyard. Always fun to browse while you're there too.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Mine's broken, and I flipped it so that it locks using gravity. It's been on its place since forever despite of me driving through very bouncing terrain :)

·
Spoolin Jr. Survivor
6,613 Posts
It's an evap hose. So if you find some rubber hose or fuel line from the parts store you can fit it over the nipple on the throttle body. Go under the intake manifold and the purge solenoid is there with the other end of the stock evap hose. Break off the clip from it and pull the stock evap hose off and replace it with the new fuel line and you can just use zip ties to clamp the hose tight on both ends.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I broke mine alittle while back, had to buy the whole line $12.36 from the dealership part number 12577221.I just replaced the broken clip i kept the other clip and the line as backup if they ever break again.

Edit:Mine is a 07 3.7l idk if the tube assembly is the same as yours but i think the clips will be the same.

·
Registered
20 Posts
as the title says...

took the TB off to give it a quick cleaning before i run to Jacksonville tomorow. as i was working the clip, the two ends pretty much fell off, like the plastic became brittle and broke.

any one know a place to get this clip? not finding it on RA. other then a JY? would one off a 4cyl or a 3.7 fit? hate to see what the stealer would charge for this. for now, i have some electrical tape wraped around the clip. this is holding the clip in, therefore keeping the line on.
I just broke mine as well, seems like no one carries this clip? doorman has similar ones that may work, but id like to get the stock replacement if possible.
anyone had luck finding this little gem??

·
Registered
20 Posts
as the title says...

found it on amazon. 8 bucks. gm part number 21992746
doorman sells a universal clip that will fit 800-041

·
Registered
1 Posts
From my research the best replacement is the Doorman clips, 800-032 part number. I ordered some to replace the one I broke while replacing the throttle body on my 2006 colorado 3.5 liter.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I bent a short length of 12ga solid electrical wire (stripped of insulation) into a small U shape, and I drop it into the slot points down. Works perfect...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts