Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Thought I share this with you guys.

On November 8th, one our members @Gassey (Mark) was involved in a serious car accident. A lot of you guys in the North East have meet Mark at NESM and at mods meets at my place.

Mark's was responding to a call when his police cruiser was stuck by a pickup truck that ran a light. The impact knocked him out and trapped him in the burning car. A 17 year kid came to his rescue and pulled him from the burning vehicle saving his life. He's lucky to be alive and the kid that saved him is being honored as a hero.

Joe Chambers, the 17-year-old firefighter who rescued Officer Mark Kimsey, poses with the injured officer hours after the accident that nearly killed him.

@Supermodulation (James) and I will be holding a mod meet at my place sometime after the new year to help him out with some mods on his truck. I'll post details for the mod meet once we settle on a date.

Here's some news clips about the incident.
Teen Saves Police Officer From Burning Cruiser After Crash | NBC 10 Philadelphia

"He's My Hero": Officer Thanks Teen Who Saved Him From Burning Car | NBC 10 Philadelphia

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nat...cues-philly-burning-cruiser-article-1.2004736

I talked to Mark tonight and he's doing well. He's got a concussion and his leg is in a brace but he was in good spirits.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Re: Teen Saves Police Officer (Mark "Gassey") From Burning Cruiser After Crash

Sorry to hear about Mark's situation but thank God for that kid...

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

I think he was on Ellen last week with the young guy that saved got him out.

I told Allison ....damn he looks familiar

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)

Attachments

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

Ellen: Teen Saves Cop’s Life

Recently, a Philadelphia teen risked his own life to save a police officer from a burning vehicle. Ellen welcomed Officer Mark Kimsey and the teen who saved his life, Joe Chambers, to her show to talk all about it.

Ellen: Teenager Risks His Own Life to Save Officer From Burning Car

Ellen DeGeneres talked to a brave teenager who risked his own life to save a police officer from a burning car. (Helga Esteb / Shutterstock.com)

Officer Mark Kimsey said that day, he was responding to a call when he came into an intersection and got into an accident. The next thing he knew, his vehicle was close to the sidewalk, his airbag was blown, and there was a fire right in front of him. He couldn’t remember the impact. He was in shock and didn’t know what to do. Joe came over and told him his car was on fire. Officer Kimsey was so out of it he could’t really respond. But he did radio for help.

Ellen TV: Teenager Risks His Own Life to Help Police Officer

Joe said he was visiting his sister at the time watching TV when he heard the loud boom of the accident. Right away, he saw there was a cop car. Joe has been a volunteer firefighter for three and a half years, so he went down there immediately and ran up to the car. He tried to talk to Officer Kimsey, but Kimsey didn’t respond very well. So Joe said he would have to get him out. The door wouldn’t open, so he dragged him out of the car through the window. Officer Kimsey was mostly dead weight, because he wasn’t really moving due to shock.

Joe said his training came in handy in this situation, but the instinct to help was also instilled in him from his dad. His dad passed away two months away. He inspired Joe to do great things. He would always tell Joe to help everyone in need. Ellen said he sounded like a great man.

Officer Kimsey’s leg was pretty banged up from the accident. He said he was lucky Joe was there because otherwise, he’d still be sitting there. A minute after Joe got Officer Kimsey out of the car, the vehicle started burning even more. There ended up being nothing really left of the car.

Officer Kimsey and Joe are friends now. Joe said that after he graduates from high school, he’s thinking about doing some military service, although he doesn’t know what branch yet. After that, he wants to be either a firefighter or a police officer.

Ellen: Big Surprise for Hero Teenager

Ellen said that because Officer Kimsey is an officer of the law, she’s not legally allowed to give him a gift. She didn’t understand that rule, but because Officer Kimsey’s girlfriend was in the audience, Ellen decided to reward her for taking care of him all the time. So she got a six night stay for two at a villa and a picnic on a private island.

·
Registered
2,757 Posts

Oh wow. That's crazy! Hope you have a speedy recovery Mark! Have fun on you're trip. @Gassey

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

Mark and I had a hell of a good time at NESM 5

He's also a combat veteran of Iraq like myself......so we naturally hit it off

·
Administrator
6,650 Posts

Awesome guy. Hope for quick recovery mark. I'd be glad to help with the mod meet.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

Here is a picture I found from NESM 5

Yes, I'm down for a mod meet too. As soon as I have the date I can make arrangements to be there

·
Premium Member
18,002 Posts

Good dude, loves to have fun.

Glad you are ok brother!

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts

The awesome thing is when they were on Ellen the young guy was talking about going in the military.........trust me the next generation needs some guys like this....they make shit happen when the shit hits the fan!

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts

Glad that kid was there for ya @Gassey Hope you have a speedy recovery :salute:

·
Premium Member
510 Posts

Damn glad Mark is ok! You know i'll be at the mod meet!

·
Youngen!
6,515 Posts

Saw it on the news didn't realize it was mark holy shit! I'm down for a mod meet just Lemme know rich.

·
Ipaid hehe
991 Posts

Wow. Glad he is ok.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts