Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2007 Colorado, 2.9 I4, 2WD Crew.

Loaner Tune, and Ported Throttle Body and from Supermodulation.

Parts arrived yesterday, less than an hour to install both.

Made a run to the grocery store, learned a few things about the tune/PTB improvements.

1) On wet pavement, (Hey, it's only a 2.9) what used to be a mild tire spin and side shift is now a full sideways lot of fun. (I was in a safe place when I tried this)
2) While I did not have my clock running, 0-60 is a much shorter ride.
3) Coming to a stop, the engine idles right down to neutral idle a lot faster, and is substantially smoother.
4) flooring it at 40mph is all kinds of new fun too.

And finally, the typical "Atlas engine moan" that I used to hate because it reminded me of a civic ("Oh, at least it sounds fast", but shifts twice in 15 feet from a stop")... Well, I kinda like it now. Really doesn't sound different, but now the punch it and go is a lot closer to the sound it makes when you do... Always hated the "moan" because it was like trying to tell a girl you're well endowed only to have her figure out it's really "no big thing" when she checks under the hood, if you know what I mean...

Verdict = Best $220.00 I have spent on this truck so far. Call James, Text James, GET TUNED and get the Ported Throttle Body.

Keep in mind, my current tune is from one of his "loaner modules" it's tuned 80/20. I can't wait to see what my actual results are when my 100% performance tune gets plugged in!

If you have been tossing the idea around, stop tossing. DO IT!

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drove it some more today. Driving "normal" not hot rodding. On light pedal, and even acceleration, she drives fine. There's a solid feel that the power is there when I need it. Noticed that on back roads and such it really likes 50mhp to just cruise, Works out nice for me, since 90% of the roads I drive around here are a 50mph speed limit. Even at 50, if I need to "Get the pedal", she kicks in to go mode with no hesitation. Before the PTB and tune, there was always a bit kick down lag. Auto trans shifts more solidly and feels more aggressive without kicking me in the kidneys. Completely got rid of the typical shift lag that I was hating. Can't say enough about the Tune and PTB. Worth it, worth it, worth it... Can't wait to get my fully tuned unit back. Sent it off priority mail today!!! Thank you James.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yea! Got the postal notice for my PCM from Supermodulation. Should have it soon and be able to start testing the performance upgrades!! Before the loaner tune and ported throttle body, she took almost 18 seconds to hit 60! Pretty sad. With the "loaner" I got 13.8 seconds... I'll post results with the full tune after I get to play with it.. Got an Ultragauge (blue) coming in the mail this week too, so I'll have actual results rather than a stop watch app on my iPhone!

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
O yea from a 2.9 to a 6.2 James is the man.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yea! Got the postal notice for my PCM from Supermodulation. Should have it soon and be able to start testing the performance upgrades!! Before the loaner tune and ported throttle body, she took almost 18 seconds to hit 60! Pretty sad. With the "loaner" I got 13.8 seconds... I'll post results with the full tune after I get to play with it.. Got an Ultragauge (blue) coming in the mail this week too, so I'll have actual results rather than a stop watch app on my iPhone!
What were the final results?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts