Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
667 Posts
Thats fuckin sick.

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
He's already got it running, he posted about it on S10forum. I'll send him a link to here to see if he'll sign up. :D

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
yeah I emailed him about it. he said theres a few bugs that need to be worked out. I kind of think he should of fiberglassed the console in though.

·
Registered
563 Posts
repost but still a sweet ass truck

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
He was going to get an Extended cab, but he got one hell of a deal on that standard cab. I cannot believe that I actually got the chance to see that thing haha. Can't wait to hand him the keys to my truck.

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He was going to get an Extended cab, but he got one hell of a deal on that standard cab. I cannot believe that I actually got the chance to see that thing haha. Can't wait to hand him the keys to my truck.
did he say a price yet?

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
I think he plans on selling it for about $30k-ish.... The thing is a brand new truck. I think it has like 12 miles on it and that was home from the dealership.

I saw the work that he put into it and it is DEFINATELY worth that kinda price. You get a brand new V8 SS Colorado for $30k? I would pay it if I didn't have this truck ahah...

·
Premium Member
21,130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think he plans on selling it for about $30k-ish.... The thing is a brand new truck. I think it has like 12 miles on it and that was home from the dealership.

I saw the work that he put into it and it is DEFINATELY worth that kinda price. You get a brand new V8 SS Colorado for $30k? I would pay it if I didn't have this truck ahah...
i ment price to do the swap I'm not selling my truck for another ;-)

·
Premium Member
19,139 Posts
Ummmm... to do an engine swap like that I think he said 8-10k.... That is for EVERYTHING. You hand him the keys and he takes over... Obviously, if you bring him the engine and anything else that was needed, if I remember correctly, he would do it for $4k, maybe a little more. But unfortunately, I was too blown away by seeing a V8 tucked nicely in the bay that I can't remember every part of our conversation haha.

To do all that shit he did, turning another truck into an SS, would be more.

To that truck, he did engine, bumper, rollpan, rims, custom seat, Auto floor shifter (I believe), and I think he might have dropped it some, but not sure.

Once again, supplying the parts will bring the price down to whatever he would charge for labor, but whatever the labor charge is, I am sure it is worth it. He does some really really clean work. The truck was all tore apart and you could tell that he had been doing some work on it. The thing that surprised me was the entire setup was clean; shop, vehicle, engine bay, spare parts sitting off to the side on a trailor. EVERYTHING had it's place and was in it, except the console he was working on. That was on a workbench ahha.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts