Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well yesterday during the new england meet decided to try and open all of my windows.. i never use my back windows like ever. i notice my rear passenger side window won't go down.

today i took off the rain guard, thinking that might have cause the window to be stuck up.. nope. swaped switches with the driver side switch nope. i'm thinking the motor went. i hear the soleniod. and here the switch clicking but the window won't drop. :dawg:

my truck this month has been in the dealer once each week. loving the truck this month. i swear once u past 30k its all over.

any thoughts????

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Had the exact same problem with my drivers window. It started around 20-30K (got 63K on it now) Every once and a while it'd stop working. Make this "Clicking Noise" but I'd jiggle the switch up and down and it'd start working again. So I just left it. No sense in wasting the my or the dealer's time trying to trouble shoot that. So as time went on it started doing it more frequently till it finally stopped.

I bought a switch for it but it didn't fix it so I thought it was some electrical problem. Sent the switch back and took it to the dealer. Well, they wound up saying it was the switch! But since I didn't take it to them to have it "programed" that's why it didn't work. Got a new one again, threw it in, took it there and THIS time they said that they couldn't program it cause they couldn't "communicate with my BCM"! So i'd have to take it back for them to figure it out. But they said to keep the new switch in since I still needed that....

BUT later that day for shit's and giggles, I jiggled the new switch like I used to with the old one and it started working again!! Worked ever since and that was like 2 months ago. Told the dealer about it and all they could say was...."Huh, that's wierd. Well just leave it then since it's working now"

There's my story!:econo:

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hmm tried to wiggle the switch. it didn't work. damn truck is just pissing me off. have 2 switches for that window. one on the driver side and the other is well on the window. none of them are working :econo:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
Hey man don't worry too much about i im sure everythings working fine. My Crewcab does the same exact thing from time to time, sometimes even both back windows. I can hear the motors click and switches click in back when i use the master switch but no action. I started noticing this whenever i would wash my truck with the Mr. Clean Auto Dry and few days later it be a hot day and thats when it wouldn't work.

I spoke to my Chevy foreman at work about it however everytime i would wanna show him they'd work fine dammit. He suggested that i spray some silicone lubricant on the inside of the window run channel, says whats prob going on is the soap is prob drying and making the window stick to the rubber run channel. And the motor is prob too weak to overcome that soo i tried it and hasn't stuck in quite a while now... that and it hasn't been real hot either.

Another thing you can try is making a fist and kinda banging on the door panel and glass gently but firmly while operating the switch to unstick the window.

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
My first thought would be the regulator, if you can hear the motor trying to move. I've replaced a ton of em.
Yea but i don't know how Ford does it, regulator seperate from motor or all once piece not sure. But i had me driver's door regulator replaced due to missing bolts from the factory caused it to bend. Anyway i don't really think its a regulator im pretty sure its what i mentioned above. Do you use the Mr. Clean Auto Dry?

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hey man don't worry too much about i im sure everythings working fine. My Crewcab does the same exact thing from time to time, sometimes even both back windows. I can hear the motors click and switches click in back when i use the master switch but no action. I started noticing this whenever i would wash my truck with the Mr. Clean Auto Dry and few days later it be a hot day and thats when it wouldn't work.

I spoke to my Chevy foreman at work about it however everytime i would wanna show him they'd work fine dammit. He suggested that i spray some silicone lubricant on the inside of the window run channel, says whats prob going on is the soap is prob drying and making the window stick to the rubber run channel. And the motor is prob too weak to overcome that soo i tried it and hasn't stuck in quite a while now... that and it hasn't been real hot either.

Another thing you can try is making a fist and kinda banging on the door panel and glass gently but firmly while operating the switch to unstick the window.
bingo. dude u hit right on the head. kept looking at the window track. sprayed some lube and bam it works great..

thank god... i was getting ready to burn the truck. :econo:

·
Registered
2,931 Posts
bingo. dude u hit right on the head. kept looking at the window track. sprayed some lube and bam it works great..

thank god... i was getting ready to burn the truck. :econo:
AWESOME! See and you guys doubted me..... :mav2: Glad to help man.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts