Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 170 Posts

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I figured it was time we needed a separate thread for the gun chat.

Post up Pics, Builds, Deals, Gun related issues and questions.

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I was given a shotgun the other day from a friend.

I will be restoring it, should be a fun project.

Info:

Winchester Model 37 16 Gauge Shot gun.
Date: unknown, they did not use serial numbers so its hard to get an exact date. Produced between 1936-1964.

The stock has been cracked for years. He told me he taped it up a long time ago. When I pulled the tape off the stock fell into a few pieces. They are clean breaks, so It shouldn't be too difficult to put back together.

I almost have it completely stripped except the hammer and trigger, I don't have a punch small enough to get the pins out. I plan on having it professionally Re-Blued and re finishing the original stock and for end myself.

·
OMG IT HAS HYDRAULICS? No
1,354 Posts
Aww shiz.. he went there.

I havent shot the nitro mag yet dave bit I did get my 3.5" shells in today. Got my #6 turkey shot and 00 buck.
As far as recent gun mods... I added a laser to the forward rail on the shotgun and set it to about 15 yards.
Also I replace the grips on the sp101 with houge grips. Its gives alot better feel.

·
Harry...
13,936 Posts
Should be a nice project Dave.

Call me weird, but I really enjoy older guns. There's something about real wood, and great craftsmanship that is hard to find now-a-days.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Do you even pew pew broski? Lol

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I pew pew...

Going up to the range sunday, If anyone wants to meet up let me know. Going to Hap Baker in Westminster, MD. 200yd Range $15 to shoot all day, really nice place.

·
Darth Vader
5,225 Posts
I want an AR built.... or a deal on a 1911. Can anyone help? :deal:

Maybe I can add some more useful stuff sometime :hide: But this is a nice thread to check in on!

·
1,354 Posts
Rock island armoury has 1911's for pretty cheap I think less last tban 500.
anybody notice ammo is gettingbetter for now. Everything except 22lr.

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Went to York gun show over the weekend. I picked up a few AR mags A little bit of ammo, some USGI parts for the M14, extractor, trigger and hammer pins. Good show, they had some great prices on firearms.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I have had no time for the range.......to busy with the house, family work or my side work

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spent a couple of hours cleaning and oiling the sticks today.

I usually use Bore Snakes but broke out the brushes to give them a good cleaning, Im pretty impressed with the Snakes there was very little residue left in them.

·
1,354 Posts
Hey guys I just ordered a 6" hanging gong target made of hight strength ar500f steel. The guy is only charging me $75 total for the target, stand , and shipping. Its made of 1/2" thick sheet. He said it has no problems taking even the highest power rifle hits. If yall want to look up his new fb page its max tac targets. Ill let yall know when it comes in. He said about 3 weeks.

·
1,354 Posts
I just made a deal to buy my glock 27 back from the guy I traded it to. Back in the glock club.

·
355 Parts Hoarder
6,842 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nice Chad! I would like to get a G27 Gen4.

Just picked up a new gas lock for the Socom. I changed the rear sight to a USGI calibrated in yards and now Its shooting about 6" high at 100 yards with the rear sight bottomed out. The new gas lock will bring up the front sight post, get it on target, allow me to use standard front sights and its threaded which allows me to change muzzle devices / flash hiders.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
Yeah all of the products above I have been researching for awhile.

The FF will be in FDE too

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
1,354 Posts
Picked up an lcp today.

Gunna pickup a smith and wesson sd9ve next month. Just gotta wait 30 days.

1 - 20 of 170 Posts