Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
2301 - 2320 of 2334 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Profender 10"x2.0" resivoir coilovers and there are two springs with different rates sorry don't want to give out springs rates and valving there are formulas you can look up to get it close tho they will require extensive tuning for the best ride though !!! Not bolt in and go if you want perfection haha

here's newer pics of the truck and the happy owner!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Automotive tire Tire

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Tire Automotive tire

Cheers Steve

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
I was able to install in one weekend but i did a ton of work ahead of time and had virtually everything planned out and prioritized. as of yet i'm still not 4x4 due to wanting to rebuild the transmission but all in all if you research and plan everything out youll be able to install in a weekend or two with help. mind you i was going for 50+ hours over the weekend and at one point 20 hours straight

·
Premium Member
1,147 Posts
BADLANDER,

Every time I think my truck is cool I look at yours and realize something.......your truck has a cock and mine has a "wee wee".

Great work!

·
Captain of the Enterprise
1,486 Posts
Hey, I have practically read most of the SAS thread now but I need some input as to what direction I need to go. I have an NP231 and matching SYE kit. I have just also purchased a 1977 Dana 44 High Pinion out of a Ford F-150. At the moment it is just the axle housing. My initial plans were to go and shorten the axle to Waggy width but it now seems that it might be too narrow. Should I keep the full width or shorten the axle down. I am also planning on running coil overs from King. It is going to be a linked setup and the swap will take place in May of 17'. I wanted to hear what your thoughts are on this set up so far. Also, I am trussing the axle right off the bat. My plan is to take my time and do everything that I would want to do in the future now so I don't have to come back to it. Thanks guys, BTW I weld so that is not an issue.

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
you need to watch my videos search badlander on youtube
i'd recommend getting a 241 planetary and seeing how to convert to electronic vss. you may just want to track down a driver drop 241c. your 79 44 has cast in v blocks and the axle tube doesn't continue through the cast section (weak). youre on the right track but i think you may be able to track down some better options.

Vehicle Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire Car

·
Captain of the Enterprise
1,486 Posts
you need to watch my videos search badlander on youtube

I'd recommend getting a 241 planetary and seeing how to convert to electronic vss. you may just want to track down a driver drop 241c. your 79 44 has cast in v blocks and the axle tube doesn't continue through the cast section (weak). you're on the right track but I think you may be able to track down some better options.

View attachment 264065
Thanks! I have actually watched all of your videos, and they helped a lot. I have a 77 44 hp with the welded wedges (which I have already removed) so it'll be easy to go any direction with it. I guess my question is should I cut it down, or do you think that I should go full width? I plan on overlanding with this rig in the future when the swap is done.

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
I have a low offset wheel and they stick out of the fenders a few inches. Being as tall as I am I need the width. I think these trucks look off with narrow axles. Plus any narrower and you'll have to run leaves. There not enough room for coils with an axle that's less than 65 wms

2301 - 2320 of 2334 Posts