Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
2321 - 2334 of 2334 Posts

·
Captain of the Enterprise
1,486 Posts
Hey So I bought another axle over last weekend. It is a 1979 Jeep Wagoneer Dana 44 Low Pinion Passenger Drop. I mainly bought it for all of the outer hardware because they come with 6 on 5.5 bolt pattern. I was able to get the knuckles, spindles, and disk brake mounts. I also came with one disk, caliper, and hub. All of these are scrap and will be using them for getting new one as the "core" for the core charges. I have broken down the axle and cleaned most of parts really well. I have just dropped of the knuckles and the brake brackets off at the powder coat shop. They are going to media blast and coat them for me. BTW The Waggy Axle is for sale. Just PM me.

1979 Wagoneer Axle:

Knuckles and Brackets Before Coating

·
badlandindustries.com
9,681 Posts
couple things i would say.
the waggy axle is pretty narrow, while its about the samw width as the stock rear you may be limited to really low backspace wheels and 35s. nothing more than 4in bs youll hit the steering arm.
also these knuckles are not flat top so you cannot go full histeer on them. good news is that your tie rod will attach to the drag link nicely and align with the trac bar if you end up needing one. i forget if youre going leaves or coils.

·
Captain of the Enterprise
1,486 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Let's kick it off everyone here with the conversion to whore their trucks and watch this trend take off!!!!!!!!!!

And for the guys that want to know anything to help them upgrade their dream rigs just ask!!!!

:naughty:
Hey buddy what truck did you use for the sas swap. Just welded new leaf spring mounts. Shocks. Did the steering from canyon wprk or that needed to be swapped. I have a 2005 with 383 stroker carburated 5 spd swap 3 inch body lift. Trying to weld the plates I made for the motor swap need some advice on thay as well if you have any tips getting it lined up proper so I can weld the plates to the truck.

2321 - 2334 of 2334 Posts