Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
...sorry trying to do this at the airport and on my iPad. Apparently it doesn't want to work

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
A few other odds and ends ive been collecting
Is that a.... oh yes it is, everything looks interesting. But I don't understand what I'm looking at in the pic with the wilwood kit, is it drum or disc kit... or...... both????

·
Registered
6,160 Posts
Still looks like what I remember when it was on the trailer in front of my house.........it's a good thing to wait for the tear-down until you've got all the parts you need. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
so what are your plans for it?? do you have a mod-list?? is she 4wd?

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
she is 4x4 OJ.

the mod list is still some what changing at the time due to money any time restraints. but ill attempt to give a play by play of my current plans.

4x4 long travel is the ultimate goal. i realize this will never be an all out prerunner, nor will it be a rock crawler. id like to think id be able to kind of have some of the best of both worlds with this build though. i dub thee "THE TRAIL RUNNER"! ive just always liked the idea to be a well rounded vehicle and not dedicated to 1 set thing.

she will be leaf sprung (spring under) with a set of deavers, nationals, atals, etc in the rear with bypasses. the rear will have a semi float ford 9" (detroit locker) that will be trussed.

the front will be IFS extended 4.5 to 5 inches over each side up front. still trying to work out all the details of the front diff and how to mount it, but ive come to the conclusion that im going to use an offset high 9 up front from currie with a micro stub to use up front. i might leave the front diff open or go to a trutrac. still not 100% sure though. hell, i might even do an ARB up there money pending.

the front is truely where the nightmare (or very deep wallets) begins. i think my best route up front will be to run a dana44 spindle with a u-joint outer and a 930 CV for my inner. these will also depend on the builder since i do not currently have the resources to do such.

coilovers with resi's will obviously be on the build list. id also like to have the front arms built to accept a bypass up front as well.

bump stops all the way around

low profile tranny and crossmember mounts will need to be fabbed for more clearance.

....and well, last but not least a heart transplant lol. (dreaming big here) i think it would be very cool to get my hands on one of the new diesel motors that is supposed to finally come out, but i know that i would be more than pleased to have an LS motor up front as well.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i like your plans man, and she looks killer right now! I love the fiberglass with the color... ive actually been toying with the idea of going with a matte color on my truck, i might do a wrap.

have you seen this front ifs build?? It was done on an H3.. it might help you get some ideas:

H3 Long Travel Build - Pirate4x4.Com : 4x4 and Off-Road Forum

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
she is 4x4 OJ.

the mod list is still some what changing at the time due to money any time restraints. but ill attempt to give a play by play of my current plans.

4x4 long travel is the ultimate goal. i realize this will never be an all out prerunner, nor will it be a rock crawler. id like to think id be able to kind of have some of the best of both worlds with this build though. i dub thee "THE TRAIL RUNNER"! ive just always liked the idea to be a well rounded vehicle and not dedicated to 1 set thing.

she will be leaf sprung (spring under) with a set of deavers, nationals, atals, etc in the rear with bypasses. the rear will have a semi float ford 9" (detroit locker) that will be trussed.

the front will be IFS extended 4.5 to 5 inches over each side up front. still trying to work out all the details of the front diff and how to mount it, but ive come to the conclusion that im going to use an offset high 9 up front from currie with a micro stub to use up front. i might leave the front diff open or go to a trutrac. still not 100% sure though. hell, i might even do an ARB up there money pending.

the front is truely where the nightmare (or very deep wallets) begins. i think my best route up front will be to run a dana44 spindle with a u-joint outer and a 930 CV for my inner. these will also depend on the builder since i do not currently have the resources to do such.

coilovers with resi's will obviously be on the build list. id also like to have the front arms built to accept a bypass up front as well.

bump stops all the way around

low profile tranny and crossmember mounts will need to be fabbed for more clearance.

....and well, last but not least a heart transplant lol. (dreaming big here) i think it would be very cool to get my hands on one of the new diesel motors that is supposed to finally come out, but i know that i would be more than pleased to have an LS motor up front as well.
Also look into a supra 8" diff with toyota pickup spindles and hubs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts