Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1341 - 1356 of 1356 Posts

·
Harry...
13,936 Posts
Thanks Jim! I wish I could take credit for anything related to decor or style. I'm just the labor.

I got a few more things done over the holiday break. New floors down, new handrail, new interior doors, and trim are down. Still some painting to do and finish the trim. A new front door is going in when it's not 8* outside.

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,346
When I buy a house I think I need to hire Chris. Looking good buddy!

·
I like beer
2,776 Posts
This is my front porch rebuild from this summer....

Some of these pics are from our security cameras because I forgot to take before pics :th_1j2q1i:

Before...

Demolition...

Loaded up and off to the construction debris landfill for $60/ton. I had 1900lbs!!

Underneath all the wood was the original concrete and block porch.

More demolition!!! A sledgehammer took care of most of it. Had to drill and chip away the bottom step and left the rest of stairs there. That solid chunk of concrete ain’t going anywhere! :lol: Got rid of it all for free to someone on Craigslist wanting any kind of fill dirt, rocks, stumps, ect.

Let me say this was a LOAD! My trailer is a 5x14. Had the truck squatting pretty good and I had to brake plenty early if I wanted to stop!

And how about those lawn stripes!?!?!

Got all the posts and beams set. Rafters on and framed it all in with 3/4” pressure treated plywood. Built new box style stairs...not the stair runner type. Used #1 grade (little to no knots) cedar toned pressure treated deck boards from Menards.

Almost done. Laying all that stone on the walls was a bitch! I’m kidding...it’s dry stacked stone vinyl siding also from Menards. Trex vinyl railings with round aluminum balusters from Home Depot.

And done!!! Stained the wood with Cabot timber oil, honey teak is the color. I’m very pleased as to how it all came out. Big thanks to my buddy Tony from work. I had the design ideas and he has all the know how and is very meticulous.

·
DavidSweetLipsHoneyBaker
8,464 Posts
One of my projects from much earlier this year:

Attachments

·
Lord Bearded One
23,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,354
Those stairs look great Corey!

Nicest tree fort I've seen in a while Brad. Love the swings under it.

·
Steel Rivers Chapter
12,577 Posts
yes, very nice, corey! and lawn stripes for days!

love it, brad. we have the same round swing. sams club gets us every time!

1341 - 1356 of 1356 Posts