Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 276 Posts

·
World Traveler
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Welcome All,
So this is going to be the sign up thread for the group buy on the The Streetrod Mfg. Co., Inc. Rear break kit (2533)

Offered Price:
a) Part Number 2533A- (w/o parking brake) - $351.96
b) Part Number 2533A+ - $541.96 (we are getting $98 off their sale price of $639.95)
c) Part No. DS (Dimpled & Slotted Rotors) - $63.96

:salute:

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Notes for Installing:

1) Rear Caliper Parking Brake Lever Adjustment - @BigR

This procedure must be performed as part of the rear caliper replacement operation. Failure to adjust the parking brake lever, before you apply the hydraulic brakes, can result in no parking brake and possible premature brake wear or damage. Adjust the parking brake levers by pushing them forward. Each time you push them they should move off of the stop less. To be properly adjusted, they should only move off of the stop 3/8 to 1/2 inch. If they will not adjust try putting a lever between the rotor and the pad and putting pressure on the piston. Now push the lever releasing pressure on the pad as the caliper adjusts. These are the only two ways we know of to adjust the parking brake. If the calipers won't adjust you will have a low pedal and the piston will retract too far and will use up all your hydraulic pedal travel to put the brakes on. Once the parking brake calipers are adjusted put a c-clamp on between the lever and the bracket to hold the brakes locked up. Note: An easy test for proper lever position is to grasp the brake pad and try to shake it. If any rattling is heard, the parking brake lever requires adjustment.

Additional Parts:

@BigR

1) Here is what you will need to adapt the existing brake line. You will have to cut the existing line to fit. Then flair the end and use the fitting shown below. It is a 3/16" brake flair nut. Then screw the brake line into the flexible line that is secured to the welded bracket you installed and bingo you are good to go.

3/16 brake line nut mine is Napa #641-3297 cost $1.08

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,284 Posts
I'm waiting on my taxes before I throw my name on there.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
I'll probably be in for:

...b) Part Number 2533A+ - $541.96 (we are getting $98 off their sale price of $639.95)

I say "probably" because (caution: more detail than anyone here gives a rat's butt about...) the March 30 date is a little iffy for me.
I need to have an earlier order date..

I'm in Milwaukee working at the moment.
There's a shop here with a guy I trust to do the install for me.

Hands On Garage

Nick there at Hands-On is a stand-up guy and knows his stuff.
When I was here in summer '12 he installed my QA1 coilovers, my efan, and my low-pro transmission x-member.

I'm here in a motel and can't even think of doing this myself.
And I'll be finishing up here about March 30 as things are looking now.
After that I'll probably be in the Denver area for a while and I don't where I could get it done there.
And I'll be in and out of town anyway.

I think March 30 will work for me if we get delivery soon after, but that's cutting it kinda close for me. I really, really want to do this though.

So.... pending.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
...we are shooting to order march 30th.
Things shifted a bit today in my favor..
Got word that the people I'm here working for want to me stick around for a while.
That means my timeline on order/delivery is eased.

I'm gonna do a chassis inspection on 3/14 at Hands On Garage (or sooner if I can get the time) to see if I'm ready to commit another chunk of $$$ to put into my '05. If I'm not spooked by what I see then I'll be in for the kit w/ parking-brake.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Damn i'll be leaving Apr 4th to go back home from leave, so I won't be around long enough to get the brake kit in and install it. Maybe next go around...

·
Registered
2,959 Posts

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Hello.... anyone home?

Is this project still alive?

·
Registered
165 Posts
Hello.... anyone home?

Is this project still alive?
I'm still watching it ... and we have 5 now... not sure at the moment whats going on.

·
World Traveler
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Sounds good to me, so how does this group buy thing work??
We are basically gathering the information on who wants what here. On the day of, each member will be responsible for filling out their order form on the TSM website (Order Page) You will proceed to call TSM with your payment info, this is where you will mention the 355nation group rate and they will apply that to your final cost.

·
World Traveler
818 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Following that up.. You can probably mention 355nation on the order form and submit your payment the same way, now that I looked over the form :p

We are basically just all submitting our orders on the same day.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
1 - 20 of 276 Posts