· Registered
179 Posts

· Registered
5,024 Posts
I'd be happy with black.

· World Traveler
893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #145 ·
Once the wheels are on you don't even see the brackets unless it up in the air on a lift. Personally, I'd want the bracket hardware to be chassis black, but that's me.
I'm just doing something different, my other hobby is drifting so painting every part is what I do.

Separate yourself, do something different.
:salute:

· Registered
5,024 Posts
I'm just doing something different, my other hobby is drifting so painting every part is what I do.

Separate yourself, do something different.
:salute:
Totally cool.
As you say, do what makes you happy.

My truck doesn't really have to impress anyone except me.

· Registered
5,024 Posts
Does anyone have more detail on what's required to adapt the rear brake line fitting to the conversion calipers?

· Premium Member
848 Posts
You don't need to connect the brake line to the caliper but connect it to the flex line. I got the braided stainless steel ones. The instructions says to shorten your stock brake line some. So what I'm going to do is this, our brake line is 3/16" and the flex line has a fitting on the end of it so I'll take that to the store with me and get a brake fitting that will fit it and then cut and re-flair the stock brake line. Here are a few pics of what I'm talking about.

The complete flex line from the SRM kit

Here is the fitting on the end of the line

Here is just the fitting I'm talking about

· Premium Member
848 Posts
Here is what you will need to adapt the existing brake line. You will have to cut the existing line to fit. Then flair the end and use the fitting shown below. It is a 3/16" brake flair nut. Then screw the brake line into the flexible line that is secured to the welded bracket you installed and bingo you are good to go.

3/16 brake line nut mine is Napa #641-3297 cost $1.08

Attached to the line

· Registered
5,024 Posts
Here is what you will need to adapt the existing brake line. ...

You da man!
:thumbup:

Thank you for taking time to post that.

· Premium Member
848 Posts
It's all good man. You will have yours installed before me I'm sure. Got a home project to complete first. Then start on the truck.

· Registered
179 Posts
My kit is still up for grabs... I would love to sell it to somebody here rather than send it back but I have confirmed that I can send it back.

· Registered
5,024 Posts
...and I just picked my truck up from the shop.. with no more drums.

Life just gets better and better.
It's a really nice evening. I think I'll go for a drive.

· Premium Member
848 Posts
...and I just picked my truck up from the shop.. with no more drums.

Life just gets better and better.
It's a really nice evening. I think I'll go for a drive.
No pictures, wanted to see it all installed.

· Registered
5,024 Posts
I didn't really expect better anything except appearance (and serviceability when the time comes), but the pedal feels much better.... much.

Gotta let the pads "bed in" (or that's the standard advice) so I'm not gonna push it for a few miles, but on my 10-mile drive home it definitely feels better... smoother, more positive.

· Registered
5,024 Posts
No pictures, wanted to see it all installed.
Yeah, about that..
I got a few pics.
I wasn't there for the entire install, something came up.

I'll try to get the pictures up in a while.
My install guy Nick elected to replace my hard lines altogether because of the location where he mounted the bracket for the flex lines.
He said the lines he used made it all easier.

He too commented that the instructions included with the kit were retarded.
And he's razor-sharp.

141 - 160 of 279 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.