Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my truck has been doing this ever since I got it and was wondering if anyone has this problem too and what is causing it. When I fill up on gas and leave the pump going, when it clicks off gas comes flying out and down the side of my truck. What the heck is causing this?!

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
If you don't have the P0455 code...odds are the vent/overflow line's plugged.

·
Registered
2,959 Posts
Same here.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hello. I received a recall on the gas cap/filler neck some years ago. I was told not to push too hard down the the gas cap after a fill up. I got a new revised gas cap but my filler neck was ok. txs for reading, hope this helps.

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
1,553 Posts
This has happened to me twice in the last coupe of times i have filled up, i fixed the problem by not letting it click off, i know how much the truck is going to take and when its near that point i slow the flow down my self and it just works fine

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
This has happened to me twice in the last coupe of times i have filled up, i fixed the problem by not letting it click off, i know how much the truck is going to take and when its near that point i slow the flow down my self and it just works fine
Um....stopping before it spills over isn't exactly 'fixing' the problem.

I'm not suggesting you fix it...but that it made me chuckle a little.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same thing, looked at the vent solenoid and the purge. I had something similar on my s10 so I already a basis to go on. Slide under your truck and look beside the gas tank but loser to the spare tire. You will see the black box. Your problem probably lies withe vent line from that. It does a lot for the vapours in your tank and recirculates them for when you start the truck. The plastic line is either clogged( happens with age:cracking and road debris) it sounds like you got air in the system and that line has to be replaced. Should only take you 10-15 min to swap sorry but I don't remember how much the line was past saying it wasn't expensive $40 maybe

·
Registered
380 Posts
This happens when the evap canister solenoid is stuck closed. It should be open when adding fuel to let the vapor line flow. When its stuck closed the vapor line fills and causes the truck to not want to let fill up with fuel.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Mine does it too. I just figured I was a negligent fuel pumper. It bugged me for years. My therapist said don't worry but it creates a definite feeling of inadequacy. When I realized it wasn't my fault my life changed. It was like when the sun comes out after a rainy morning. I can pump without fear of embarrassment or vehicular damage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts