Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Picture of a white truck and the description says it's a black truck. Pretty sure this is not a legitimate post. If you click on "contact seller" you have to fill out a form with your contact information. I feel quite sure if you fill out that form and submit it, you'll get an email, call and text all tellin you that the truck was just sold 10 minutes ago, but if you want to come by they have lots of other cars and trucks and they're certain that you'll find something that will fit your needs and your budget perfectly.
Give it a try.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
I live in Savannah, Georgia. A few years ago, my wife was shopping for a specific year, color, option package of Toyota 4Runner and we did a lot of driving to surrounding states looking for exactly what she wanted. She's very particular with her vehicles, but once she finds what she wants, she'll drive it for 10+ years or until the wheels fall off, so helping her find the exact vehicle is worth the effort. Anyway, we made quite a few trips to dealerships and used car places in Jacksonville. Boy did we run across some shady characters in that town! We'd call the car lots and confirm that they had exactly what we were looking for and let them know we were on our way and had cash to buy it if it was what they advertised. We were frequently told: "someone just bought it, but we've got one that's similar." "We're repaving our parking lot, but I can meet you in the Home Depot parking lot with the vehicle." (we heard that one twice!), "We don't actually have that car on the lot yet, it's being prepped, but I can show you a few others that are ready to sell." "The vehicle you came to look at is out being detailed right now and won't be back until tomorrow, can I show you something else?"
We were also told that the price in the ad is only for folks that finance the vehicle through their financing program and a cash sale would be a much higher price. Often their finance program could not be used if the vehicle was to be registered out of the state of Florida. We also ran into some vehicles that had salvage titles. Jacksonville is a town I would advise people to be very careful in if you're looking for a used vehicle. Most insurance companies are headquartered there and there are several lots with thousands of repossessed vehicles and there are also quite a few vehicle auction places there that sell repossessed, rebuilt and - in general - crappy used cars. If you want a little taste of what takes place in Jacksonville, just look at craigslist for cars available in Jacksonville and look at some of the dealership ads. Frequently, you'll see a description that doesn't match the picture. Vehicles advertised where you have to look very closely to see that the price they advertise is the down-payment only, with no information on the actual price. If you call and ask, you may be told that it depends on your credit score!
Jacksonville is a great town and my wife and I go there frequently and the people are great, but I won't go there to purchase a vehicle from a used car lot! I have purchased from individuals there a couple of times. No problems there.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looks like the seller doesn't know the vehicle he is dealing with... I would run a carfax report if you got the vin to make sure this truck isn't hiding any secrets.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
You can click on "more info" and it will give you the option to run a carfax report for about $35. I'd stay away from it unless you are close and want to go see the truck and see if it's even there and what it actually is.
Please got see the folks, I'm anxious to see what they actually have and if the price is correct at all.

·
Registered
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
If I was close by I’d be checking it out. I’d love to spend under 3k on that baby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts