Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

would this be a good idea and would there be support?

• good idea but no support

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • bad idea with support

• bad idea with no support

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey so I got to thinking about it. I interested in trying to get a trailer. An enclosed trailer to use for mostly 355nation purpose. I would like to create a trailer that could be used for everything from meets, to builds, to car show, and to well repairs on the road to at meets, and emergency repairs. Right now this is just a thought. So whats everyone's thought?

*tried to find some pics but i need a break lol*

list options

low pro jack
jack stands
tools
air compressor
110 power supply
cabinets
welder

laptop with odbII options

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
I think it's a good idea, though the Carolina Chapter members are so spread out

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I understand that and thats the thought behind the idea. we go to meets with it to help. It can be used anywhere if some one breaks something. Or if we get a group to go to a car show have a trailer that could be there for support. It can be used to go where ever it needs to go.

·
Darth Vader
5,223 Posts
That's a fancy trailer, would be nice to have as a mobile work/support wagon :thumbup:

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I would love something like that, but that would not be cheap lol. I would be looking for a plan Jane enclosed trailer and be trying to put everything in my self.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd be down to help however I can.
well help would be in building it and if anyone has any scraps that could be used for it. I need to find a trailer, and it will be around tax time, and I will go about pricing decals for it. The ones that are onine. Are they copy righted or could I have a buddy of mine make them big enough for me to get what I need?who would I talk to lol

·
Registered
446 Posts
well help would be in building it and if anyone has any scraps that could be used for it. I need to find a trailer, and it will be around tax time, and I will go about pricing decals for it. The ones that are onine. Are they copy righted or could I have a buddy of mine make them big enough for me to get what I need?who would I talk to lol
I'm pretty sure that you'd have to talk to Blurred, and I'll keep an eye out for materials.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
lol ok Ill have to hit him up. It all depends on the support and well the poll. if it aint going to be a good hit Ill make it and use uit for what I need to you know.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I like the idea! and if its meant for mobile maintenance and such Ive always leaned towards a shop looking like a shop. Were not driving fancy shmancy Maclaren supercars.. were the hands on do it yourself kinda people so why not show the pride of being grease monkeys. or is that just me?

·
Registered
26 Posts
as far as supplies go.. YouPullIts (or I think its called pull a part out here) arent bad places to start.. grab a few bench seats and such

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
as far as supplies go.. YouPullIts (or I think its called pull a part out here) arent bad places to start.. grab a few bench seats and such
well thats what I plan on doing but If i do this I would not mind know that there would be support and that if made i would not be towing it to meets and shows for nothing and no reason at all you know.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ok so lets say that i can get this started and going. can I get a list of the things that should be kept on the trailer.

low pro jack
jack stands
tools
air compressor
110 power supply
cabinets

laptop with odbII options

I will have my personal laptop and I will be getting a odbII scan tool to connect to it so I can use it on truck.getting it from work toughbook CF30

anything else let me know so I can add it to the list to see what I can get going

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
well like I said this will be around tax time. I am hoping by then that I will have my truck started with mods. I just dont know if I want to lift it due to towing or drop it with lift bags for the rear.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts