Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that you can smoke your tails and basically anything you want, but since I have a vic red zq8 i was wondering if I can "red-out" the 3rd tail light. has it been done, and what should I use?

P

·
0 Posts
Just my opinion, for a much cleaner look, i would just buy the all-red brake light. I have a victory red truck too. Check out my 3rd. Goes with my blacked out back window.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks guys, how much do they run usually?

P

·
0 Posts
i saw one for like $50, anyone find for cheaper? call you dealer though, they can get it quick, prob cheaper too.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah my dealer just said 46.53

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
Anybody want to sell one of their stock brake lights?

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
$10 plus shipping? :D

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,884 Posts
I think your light is on upside down?!?!
That's how they come from the factory, a lot of people flip them over though because it flows better with the lines of the cab.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
ranger bob I will sell you mine if you can wait until mid June.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
I'm in no rush. :D That's probably around when I'll have free time to put LEDs in it anyways. :D

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
I know that you can smoke your tails and basically anything you want, but since I have a vic red zq8 i was wondering if I can "red-out" the 3rd tail light. has it been done, and what should I use?
I don't recall if I've seen it done, but I'm sure you can get a shop to mix you up some translucent red. Shooting it on there will be a slight problem if you don't have the equipment. LOL. That's all the black out consists of. Or maybe have a tint shop tint them with red tint? A lot of tint shops will outsource it to a paint shop and have it painted if it's a surface that isn't tintable. Of course it gets pretty expensive then....

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yeah I think I will just but a red one and then sell mine to ranger

1 - 20 of 29 Posts