Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone. First let me say thank you for all the help this forum has offered with FAQs and helpful users.

I have a 2005 GMC Canyon 3.5l. the idle was erratic when stopping at lights and while parked. So I headed to the forum and saw the posts about cleaning MAF Sensor and throttle body. I did both, restarted the truck and let it run to relearn idle. Seemed ok but not much better.

The next morning, the truck will start but almost immediately chokes out and dies. Certainly seems like it is not getting air. I thought perhaps I messed up the MAF so I replaced it but after replacing it, I have the same issue. It made no difference.

Is it possible I somehow damaged the throttle body while cleaning? Any help is appreciated on what I should check next or where to go from here. The truck did not produce any trouble codes before or after.

·
Registered
285 Posts
A tank of bad fuel? Low fuel in tank picking up water? Fuel filter? Pressure regulator? Clean the map sensor. Funny no codes.
Luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The poor idle had been going on for about a month so I went through several tanks of fuel. I will check the fuel filter and map sensor. I am just curious how cleaning throttle body and MAF could have made it worse, unless I somehow damaged it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts