Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
installed hid headlights now truck is throwing code P0230 and will not start cranks but won't start what can i do to fix this

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have already switched that relay with another still nothing i checked all fuses none seem to be blown truck cranks fine will even fire up once in a while for maybe 3 seconds then die

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
see i have had HID's for my low beams for about a week no problem then tonight i went to install the HID's for the high beams and then went to start the truck and it was throwing this code and wouldn't start

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
Did you use the relay harness for the second set?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nope i never even turned them on it was daytime out so no lights where on but no i didn't

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
battery is brand new plus i drove it today came in from work washed it then installed the hid's and now it won't start and its throwing that code
i hope the computer isn't toast

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
What brand HID's? Also 35watt or 55watt? Did you try removing them to see if it makes a difference? Check all your fuses and ground connections maybe something got wet or loosened up.

Check out the BCM as well it may have gotten wet somehow when you washed it. These issues are typical of a low or unstable voltage to the BCM which trips passlock. It is basically a giant relay center for almost everything in the truck so it is probably something to do with it or connections to it.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
OPT7 hid 55w lows
OPT7 hid 55 highs
yes i removed them nothing helped
i check all fuses all worked fine i haven't checked grounds

·
maniac mechanic
5,767 Posts
I am not familiar at all with those HID's, but our trucks do not like 55watt ballast with the stock wiring. It draws far too much at start-up for our wiring to handle. 55watt HID's are also kind of a hoax, most put out less usable light than the 35watt and just create a bunch of extra heat which ends up traveling through the stock harness, which is why a relay harness is suggested with them. I have always run 35watt and they are more reliable and I have plenty of light.

Did the kit you buy come with those error removing capacitors? If so and you installed them, that may have caused some issues because they are not needed on our trucks and would likely freak out the BCM.

***Disconnect both wires*** from the battery and touch them together for a few seconds and leave them off the battery for about a half an hour and then hook it back up. That will reset the BCM and hopefully if nothing is damaged get you going again. You may lose your power window and door lock controls on the driver door for a little bit after hooking power back up, just wait it out they will work again shortly that is a fluke that happens when our BCM gets reset.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i tried that nothing works so i have dropped the truck off at the dealership
these are the kits i bought open 9006 for lows and 9005 for highs
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CF2810W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well had to take the truck to dealership one my battery was fried and second wires feeding the fuse block had melted but its back going again

1 - 13 of 13 Posts