Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got my truck tuned and It is constantly throwing the P0172 P0172pd codes. Running rich. Has anyone else had this issue? I have cleaned the throttle body, MAF, and map sensors. I clear the code and the thing comes back after a few start ups. My truck seems to run very sluggish and bogged down once the code goes off. Has anyone ever had this issue and knows how to fix the situation. My next move was to replace parts and or get the cel permanently disabled. The truck is an 04 2wd Chevy Colorado. PTB, Volant CAI, MBP cat back.

·
[MTS] Who is this guy?
3,779 Posts
Have the tuner take a look at it they may have screwed up somewhere. If it only started after the tune, especially if soon after...that is where I would start.

·
Registered
262 Posts
I am just wondering with your volant intake does that have the power core filter.

I have a k&n on my truck now and bought the volant intake with power core filter and threw the same codes. Put my k&n intake back on and no check engine light.

I know there have been issues using a power core filter.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have a powercore filter on the Volant.:th_s52: I can also try and switch that out also. I'm going to sea foam the top of the engine and see if that helps. It seems to only be when I drive it conservatively as well as on the highway in OD. When I'm on the gas it doesn't usually throw the code.

·
Super Moderator
13,732 Posts
The most likely culprit for this code is a dirty or clogged air filter. However, other potential causes include:
  • A dirty or faulty mass air flow (MAF) sensor
  • A vacuum leak
  • A fuel pressure problem (too high), or
  • An exhaust leak before the first O2 sensor
To begin diagnosis, note the codes tripped and replace the air filter. If the codes clear on their own - or are cleared and do not come back - then your problem is likely solved.

If P0172 and P0172pd were the only codes tripped, you may have an exhaust leak between the cylinder head and the first O2 sensor.

A MAF cleaning may resolve the problem too.

Like others have suggested, I would discuss this issue with your tuner. Since it's possible the tune could be wrong for your truck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts