Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My bed liner only has two holes drilled in it for tie-down points in the back of the bed. It gets pretty annoying trying to haul or tie down stuff without the points in the front.

Are there two more points in the front of the bed? If so, where? id like to drill some holes without taking the bed liner out. Otherwise, does anybody have any recommendations for aftermarket tie-downs?

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Back when I still had plastic bedliner, it had cut-outs for the tie-down points in all four corners. Don't know why yours doesn't...ditch the plastic & go w/ spray-on liner...;) :D

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
You should have tie downs under the bed liner. Here is what mine look like:

I found a cargo net that fits my crew cab bed at Harbor Freight for under $10

Even with the cut-outs it can be frustrating fitting a hook in there so I picked these up at my local Ace Hardware:

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
The holes in the floor of the bed are drain holes, not tie down points.
Sure you can use it for such, depending on the load you are securing.

·
Premium Member
505 Posts
I had anchor points in the front corners behind the bed liner that I had to cut the drop in liner to expose. Wasn't %100 they were there until after I razor knifed the hole in the bed liner.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I wonder when they stopped the 4 points in front and back.
Duh, it was either beginning 2007 or 2008. It looks like 06 has them, my 08 does not. Simple math. LOL

I wonder why they removed the two anchors up top.

·
Premium Member
841 Posts
Ok, now I can stop thinking about cutting another hole in the bed liner of my '10 to see if I have upper tie down points. :lol:

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
Definitely interesting how GM elected to pitch tie-down points in the bed...guess they believe trucks were turning into "soccer-mom" rigs vs. cargo haulers...maybe? :D

I use mine all the time.

·
Registered
183 Posts
That makes me kinda glad I found an '06 when I got my truck. I don't think I could have made it without the extra tie down points...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts