Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

time to get rid of the flowmaster 40

3K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  RawDawg 
#1 ·
well i just got a noise pollution ticket and a modified exhaust fix it ticket by the same cop who pulled me over before and gave me a speeding ticket. aint that some shit!!!
so anyways i still want a performance muffler but i guess not nearly as loud any suggestions?

#12 ·
im running a single in/out borla turbo muffler... isnt too loud. real smooth deep sound too

#15 ·
well come to find out i had to put a stock muffler on so i can get it written off then i can get borla or magnaflow. so i just spent 48.00 bucks for a shitty little stock muffler welded on then the shop told me to come back and they'll put on a magna flow for 70.00 bucks, thats not bad right? for labor and parts?

#18 ·
You should deffinately try out the Magnaflow. I just got one put on my truck with the stock pipe and I think it sounds great. You deffinately wont have any problems with noise pollution. It's loud enough to let you know it's there but wont get you pulled over(atleast not here). Here is the one I used:http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=MPE%2D11256&N=700+115&autoview=sku

The guy at midas orignally said that they would have to make another piece for it to make it work, but the tech played around with it and got it to work without anything else.

#22 ·
I have a flowmaster 40 and and intake its decently loud but i've never been pulled over. Even droven straight piped past a cop and not gotten pulled over.

#24 ·
actually i have a question does the 40series sound louder than the 50 series?

#26 ·
Man, that sucks. I know back in Indiana, the cops apparently don't care, since there's a Del Sol driving around with it straight out of the header. Here in Wyoming, well, at least in Laramie, the cops are bitches and would if it's too loud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.