Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've got the crankshaft seal and oil pick-up tube gasket, but anybody has an idea how to find the (only) the oring behind the timing cover that seals the passage to the chain tensioner? 2012 2.9L thanks,

· Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
can do, Felpro has a gasket kit for $40 that includes the mentioned seals TSC45052, but i only need the $5 oring or quadring? it looks kinda square...

Bicycle part Rim Automotive tire Circle Auto part

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
That appears to be the oil pump outlet seal and I think the part number would be 24576940. According to gmpartsgiant.com it is a discontinued part. Couldn't find a reference that included the dimensions, so the identification is not a positive. Here is one ref: https://www.amazon.com/Genuine-GM-24576940-Engine-Crankcase/dp/B00GV8VVGW

That's the only seal I could find that might work at that location.

· Premium Member
616 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks cart, busy day, will check those numbers out and see what comes up. btw, had a no start after replacing the timing chain. while troubleshooting i got it to start with the CMP sensor disconnected. research indicated ground or incorrect timing. verified 5volts to the cmp and checked grounds. decided to take it all apart and rechecked my marks and took pictures this time. i had issues installing the exhaust sprocket and i think maybe damaged the clutch mechanism, so put a new one in. Crossing fingers that was it.

· Premium Member
4,239 Posts
I know the pain. Did a timing chain on a Trailblazer 4.2, some years ago. Job finished, engine ran but set a code. Found timing chain one tooth off. Suspect it moved while installing tensioner. Not fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts