Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Look even better in light, definately darker then appears cuz flash... But i couldnt be happier with them.

Before:

After:

More pics to show how good they look when its nice out! Great Purchase great price!

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
SWEET!! I couldn't be happier that you couldn't be happier! Glad we could finally make this happen. Seems like it's been in the works forever now! hahaha

Can't wait to see some day shots, that's when they look the pimpest.:doku2:

How was the packaging? Make it there safely?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
nice man. Josue why didnt you tell me you were tinting tails for free man. damn i thought we were boys haha

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
Nice dude I cant wait to see that! SWEEETRUCK!!:tayo::tayo:

·
Registered
971 Posts
Jordan- How do these look during the day? Are they nice and shiny? I've seen some tinted that are really dull looking. They look awesome in the pics you posted.

Josue- Do you tint these with a product like NiteShades or do you use actual paint? I have a set of Led tails I wouldn't mind being tinted so if you could pm me a price that would be helpful. Also if you could include a price to tint a 3rd brake light. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Looks good......I thought geeds painted those for you josh?
I'm gonna make you pay for that....

Jordan- How do these look during the day? Are they nice and shiny? I've seen some tinted that are really dull looking. They look awesome in the pics you posted.

Josue- Do you tint these with a product like NiteShades or do you use actual paint? I have a set of Led tails I wouldn't mind being tinted so if you could pm me a price that would be helpful. Also if you could include a price to tint a 3rd brake light. Thanks in advance.
PM sent...

And I clear over the NiteShade. If you don't, that's when it comes out all dull, and actually will get worse over time. Plus I sand and buff the clear so it comes out smooth...

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
How do you think my truck would look with tinted tails and third brake light?

·
Registered
9,094 Posts
Thanks guy!

I'm real interested to see what yours look like. I know they were done at a body shop, and a few others have had them done that way too, but I don't know how they do it? I mean, paint is paint, but NiteShades is made to be translucent so the light shines through.

·
walking is for the poor
6,854 Posts
will do. If I decide to get them I'll send you a PM. by the way nice work.

·
Premium Member
19,135 Posts
Thanks guy!

I'm real interested to see what yours look like. I know they were done at a body shop, and a few others have had them done that way too, but I don't know how they do it? I mean, paint is paint, but NiteShades is made to be translucent so the light shines through.

Was this directed to me? If so I can post up the best shot I have of the tails if you want, don't want to hijack the thread, but it will give you an idea.

Also, the way a body shop does it is it mixes some auto paint with clear I believe to in essence water the color down a bit. They spray it on and the paint is thick enough to cover everything with color yet the light can shine through really easily. At least I think that is how it works. I know that auto paint is a lot different than regular paints because of its translucence (sp?)

1 - 20 of 50 Posts