Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I plan on getting new rims and tires soon as I'm getting my body lift put on near the end of the month.

I have some fitment questions about what to get. Yes I have read the post your tire/lift threads just haven't found anything thats this setup and most only list their backspacing not offset.

Right now I have 2" maybe 2.5" of tb crank and will have 3" body lift.
Im looking at getting 285/70-17" Nitto Terra Grapplers and want to get some Raceling Raptors, 17x9. They are 00mm offset. I'm just double checking if this setup will fit? Will I have to get a different rim with more offset? (-6mm or -12mm)

Any input is appreciated. I'm looking forward to finally getting the look I want.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here is how offset relates to backspace.
Custom rims, wheel tire packages for your ride - RIMSnTIRES.com

Enter your wheel specifications and the backspace/offset are displayed.

Offset/backspace go hand in hand.
Thanks. I checked that out and compared what I want to run to my stock wheels.

-It says It will clear the suspension 100%
-Will stock out 1.7" further
-will fill out the wheelwell an extra 27mm
-and my spedo will be 6.8" faster

Im fine with all of that, just wondering If they will clear the body mounts, wheelwells ect. Im fine with trimming the bumper/lower valance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Would 275/70-17 fit better? And I've read the If I plan on running a suspension lift in the future I should stick to a rim with 4.5" of backspacing or less. I don't plan on that so if I go with the 17x9" rim with 5" backspacing what would be the largest tire I could run? Again thanks for the help. I've never bought a set of aftermarket rims and tires so this is all new to me.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure where the grey area of transition is. I think 275's clear the body mount, but it's going to depend on backspace. I don't think you'll be safe to stick around 5". That's similar to your stock backspace, so they will stay fairly tucked.
I don't know if I can make a suggestion that is a 100% guarantee for the 275 size either.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts