Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ok, I came across Tire Recappers of Nashville a couple months ago but haven't been able to find out anything about them on here or coloradofans. A google search found some mixed reviews on others forums. Most of the comments were positive, and the bad mostly seemed to come from negative experiences of retreads from back in the day. I have heard retreads have come a long way reliability wise from years ago. Also I know several people on here have had good experiences with treadwrights. The ones I found from Tire Recappers are slightly more per tire, but have free shipping when you buy 4.

Anyways, has anyone ran these tires on their 355?

OVERSTOCK SPECIAL | Tire Recappers

·
Registered
868 Posts
Re: Tire Recappers. Has anyone bought tire from them?

I did tire testing years ago out at the proving grounds and some of the recaps were surprisingly good but it was really hard to get by the old reputations. I think most of the long haul semi's run recaps and get crazy miles out of them.they do not use them on the front though.

·
Registered
994 Posts

As long as you're not out playing Speed Racer, I reckon they could be ok (I'm one of those always buy new, negative experience roadgator kind of folks, but I digress).

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

(I'm one of those always buy new, negative experience roadgator kind of folks, but I digress).
I know what u mean. I always buy new unless its just temporary. I think I'm gonna call them and try to get more info than what's on the website.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 6 of 6 Posts