Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I am currently running 255/45/20's and I want to drop the truck. Which is like 27" diameter. I am wondering what the biggest drop I can run is.

Any help would be appreciated. Right now I am rubbing at full turn to full turn on the sway bar but not bad at all. That will not change with the drop. I am more worried about inner fender then anything.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
255/40/20 is actually 29" diameter. approximately .75" taller than a stock xtreme tire size. im running xtremes on my zq8 with a 2" drop, and could go a little more without rubbing. so i would think a 3/4 drop would be fine, but im not certain.

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
I guarantee you a 3/4 drop will rub way too much with those tires.

Every little bump and dip will cause the tire to hit the top fender well.
thats what i figured, but according to my math it wouldnt, i probably messed up the math.

if anyone knows static drops its you. and hannibal.

·
Registered
893 Posts
If your worried about hitting just stay with the 2/3.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the input guys. I havent paid much attention to our inner fenders but are they not plastic? Could I modify the inner fenders to accomidate a 3/4? Rudy whats your specs? Tire size and drop? I am wanting to get smaller tires soon but who knows when.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Our fenders have plastic liners, but those aren't the issue. The problem is our fenders are really shallow and don't allow us to tuck much rubber under there.

If you can cut your fenders out, you'd be golden. You would be able to tuck pretty much anything with a good offset.

Total, I have a 5.5/6 drop including wheels/tires. I'm running a 225/40-18 tire and you can say I don't rub. I do catch whatever is left of my plastic fender liner on the driver's side, but it has to be a really hard bump. It just lightly grazes that liner every so often.

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
with your z85 from what ive read everywhere here id do a 2/3

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I guess I will do a 2/3 for now and run that till I bag it. Who knows when that will be. Hard to talk the wife into letting me cut on a new truck she knows how extreme I can go.

Past Project:

·
Registered
5,090 Posts
I knw MC has a 3/4 on his z85, but I don't know what tires he is running on his 20's... :shrug:

I have a 3/4 on mine with 18's.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts