Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 05 canyon z71 2wd just put a 3" suspension lift on it. I want to put 33x12.50's on but not sure if i will have to modify anything to get them to fit. I have removed the mud flaps and the front valance. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
You'll probably have to cut and plate the body mounts, trim the fender and trim fender liner. A guy is selling the rough-cut plates in the vendors section that makes it quicker.

I have 33x12.5R15's and I love them. Totally worth the work imo. For the trimming, I just let em rub for a bit, then cut, then rub, then cut, so I only had to cut the minimal amount.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. Also was told when o tried to get an alignment that I needed new tie rods, I'm thinking that they just need to be adjusted any thoughts?

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
I've got 15x8's with 4" bs.

If they say you need new tie rods, it's probably because the ball is trashed. Take a look at the boot and see how damaged it is...that's the easiest indication of wear without playing around with it. Bad rod ends will make it so your truck can't hold an alignment properly.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
I don't believe the front end shop is telling you you need tie rods because of your lift. They are likely worn out. If you don't trust that, get a 2nd opinion from another shop. Never hurts to be sure if you can't quite make a determination yourself.

Did they go ahead and do the alignment and sent you off with the knowledge they need replaced, or is the work on hold?

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
theres a guy in bakersfeild running 33s on just a 2in crank.
I only have a 2.25" crank. But I've trimmed fenders and cut the body mounts. I get a tiny little bit of rub on the fender mount that I haven't bothered to trim yet, but it doesn't affect anything.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He wouldn't do it. Going to try another place ecause he said the same thing to my cousin that has a brand new Sierra after it was lifted. Just wondered if i needed to adjust anything after doing the lift.

·
I'm "That Guy"
1,185 Posts
Yes, you definitely do need an alignment. You can get close with a tape measure and a little time, but you'll want a real alignment for sure.

Get a second opinion to be sure, can't argue with that.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Right...so the only reason for replacement tie rods, or tie rod ends, are because they are worn out. Not at all because of the lift.

·
Registered
509 Posts
inhiv are you have picture of your truck stance?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts