Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my gmc canyon 4x4 Z85 now sits 41 inches from the ground to the center of the bottom of the fender flare i will attach a picture i have bought 17X9 pro comp 5183 wheels now I'm looking for tires what size would fit will little to no cutting
front and rear sit at the same height

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
Yeah, please provide your hub/fender measurement. That number sounds extremely high for a Z85.

The rear fender should sit about 1.25" less when the vehicle is level. If you have equal measurements, your front is way high.

Please specify the amount of lift, and how you lifted your truck -as well as the backspace of the wheels you have purchased in order for us to suggest tire sizes.

Edit.....yes as silver10can commented: tire size is addressed in your other thread. Those are still applicable.
I'm not sure the purpose of this thread now.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
26.5 rear
26 front
center of hub to bottom of fender flare
and yes u guys told me maybe a 285/70/17
i run 31X10.5X15 right now and have a huge fender gape
3 inch body lift
3 inch lift

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
265/70-17 with 4.5

The 9" wide wheel is pretty wide, but that's what you got. Hopefully the backspace is between 0 and -10.

·
Premium Member
5,710 Posts
back space 4.75
offset 6.6
One of your numbers appears to be a type-o according to the calculators.

4.75" on a 9" wheel is about -7mm.
+7mm (6.6) on a 9" wide wheel is 5.3"

Irregardless, if it is equivalent to 4.75 I think you'll be fine. Good compromise for a Z85.

I'd check with the tires you are considering to see if they suggest a 9" wide wheel. Not too many 265's are suggested for a 9" wide wheel.

·
Super Moderator
3,623 Posts
Body lift doesn't help much with tire clearance. There is a giant hunk of metal(cab to frame mount) that sits right behind the front tire and gets in the way. 265/70/17 will fit for sure. 285 70R17 may fit but also may rub the cab mount when turning. You can look for some 33x10.5 but I don't think they make that size for a 17" wheel

·
I like beer
2,775 Posts
And the fact that he is tb lifted increases ^^^that possibility correct?

Another option is a 275/70-17, but tire choices are pretty limited in that size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts