Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have an independent tire store in my home town. I made an appointment to rotate my tires based on a 10 quote an employee gave me. When I got my truck they said 20$. I told the owner I was quoted 10$, she made a mistake that price is only if you buy the tires from us.
I grudgingly paid the 20$
QUESTION
Should the tire store honored the 10$ quote?

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
If you got the persons name, and they didn't ask where you got the tires, then yes they should have honored the quote.
However, I have no idea if that's a good price. I've never paid anyone to rotate my tires before.

·
Premium Member
324 Posts
I get free rotates from where I purchased new tires with at least a hour wait or I can do it myself in less than a 1/2 hour. My time is more valuable so I mostly rotate them myself. $5 a wheel to rotate not bad really $2.50 a wheel is definitely better though. Poor customer service in my opinion. Guess they care less if you return or not. Not like $10 would've made them close their doors. They should've honored your quote and mentioned that is a previous customer price and that it would be $20 next time.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Yep, it was a poor move on their part. I have to ask you - have they lost their opportunity to make a good first impression with you? Will they be on the short list of the folks you consider going to when it's time for new tires? I worked my way through college waiting tables and tending bar. I learned so much more doing that than I did while earning my business degree. Learning how to treat people and make them happy - even when it was just to get a big tip - was a very valuable lesson. You had to learn to "read people" and figure out who wanted to be left alone, but never have an empty glass or a empty plate on the table, and those that liked a lot of attention an conversation. I actually took a cut in pay when I graduated and got a "real job" in my field. Winning an argument, while losing a customer is a stupid thing that businesses often do. Idiots!

·
Registered
620 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have been going to them for years to purchase tires and spent thousands. 8 years ago Wayne the owner let his son Joey take over. Joey has piss poor customer relation. I will never go to them again. Not sure how much profit they make off tires but I am sure they should have ate the 10 bucks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts