Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at getting a set of 20x8.5's for my Xtreme. I was just wondering what would be the best size tire to go with. I (am going to) have a 2/3 drop and right now I'm tucking tire in the back and I would like to keep it that way. I would like to at least have no wheel gap up front or better yet tuck a little. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks.

·
Registered
893 Posts
Good luck!!!

The only reason I say that is your going to be slapping the inner fender ALOT if you want to have the tucked look. Our shocks on the front suck to say the least and with running 20's on the extreme your gonna hit period.

·
Registered
4,682 Posts
Dan is running a 255/35-20 and doesn't rub at all.

He's running a 2/2 drop with about 600lbs. in the bed which brings it down to a 2/3 level. He also has coilovers in the front........................................

·
Registered
893 Posts
didnt dan modify his inner fenderwell though??
No he didn't but his coil overs have the dampening adjustment and he has it set at 7 of 10.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Hannibal, What the hell is that avatar??? :lmaowtf:

I'm running 245/40/20 now and only going with 1/2......I'll be watching you progress ;) Good luck!

·
Registered
845 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Good luck!!!

The only reason I say that is your going to be slapping the inner fender ALOT if you want to have the tucked look. Our shocks on the front suck to say the least and with running 20's on the extreme your gonna hit period.
Dan is running a 255/35-20 and doesn't rub at all.

He's running a 2/2 drop with about 600lbs. in the bed which brings it down to a 2/3 level. He also has coilovers in the front...
No he didn't but his coil overs have the dampening adjustment and he has it set at 7 of 10.
Hmmm I see. Hannibal makes a good point about the dampening. "Dan's" front suspension is a lot stiffer w/ the coilover set up. I'm gonna have those balljoints so yea...:mc: 255/35/20 or 245/30/20???? The 245 would be a lower profile correct?

·
Registered
893 Posts
Nope the 30 is the lower the 245 is the width. But also understand the size of the width has some to play also in the height. But not much.

No Graphic sorry!!

The graphic shows what each letter and number in the size of a tire indicates. In this example, the tire size is P205/65 R15. The other items on the tire's sidewall have further explanations and have links at the bottom of this page.

P
Passenger car tire. If there is no P before the size it would indicate it is a European metric tire. An LT before the size would designate a light truck tire.

This is the Section Width in millimeters. This measurement is taken from sidewall to sidewall.

This number refers to the height of the sidewall, or the Aspect Ratio. It is a percentage of the section width. In this example, you would take 65 percent of 205 millimeters and this would give you the sidewall height.

R
Radial tire construction.

Wheel diameter in inches.

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
I was dragging a can down the highway... great feeling

1 - 19 of 19 Posts