Chevrolet Colorado & GMC Canyon Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a set of 18" 5 spoke Titan aluminum wheels on ebay. They are out for delivery. Can someone tell me the exact diameter and depth to tell the machine shop. He said he will do them for $15 a wheel, for your info. new 235/55/18 tires are waiting :) I am not real good at getting around on this site yet to find info.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks for the link I read that earlier. That states 4" 101mm. 101 mm is not quite 4". I was wondering if someone had the exact numbers for a machinist . I think I also read somewhere the depth could be 7/16" not 1/2". If 101mm is the exact number it might help keep the lug nuts from working loose. One machinist told me there is not reason with him doing the work to not be able to do it exact. He was the one that explained the center bore being exact would be better than just having the wheel lined up by the lugs.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
You worry too much. There is plenty of meat in those hubs to go the full 101mm and 7/16" depth. Odd to anyone else that the diameter here is measured in millimeters, and the depth in inches?

·
Registered
2,686 Posts
why so small a tire ? i have 245x45x18 front, on my Titan's and no prob rubbing.
275x35 on rear. i opened the hub hole with a router over 1 1/2 years ago. i am
in the process of doing 2 more now.

·
US Army 19yrs and ......
45,273 Posts
You worry too much. There is plenty of meat in those hubs to go the full 101mm and 7/16" depth. Odd to anyone else that the diameter here is measured in millimeters, and the depth in inches?
Things that make you go hmmmm @xscott71x

·
Registered
641 Posts
hey thanks for the link I read that earlier. That states 4" 101mm. 101 mm is not quite 4". I was wondering if someone had the exact numbers for a machinist . I think I also read somewhere the depth could be 7/16" not 1/2". If 101mm is the exact number it might help keep the lug nuts from working loose. One machinist told me there is not reason with him doing the work to not be able to do it exact. He was the one that explained the center bore being exact would be better than just having the wheel lined up by the lugs.
Walk out to your truck and measure the hubs that the wheels are being bored to fit. Or better yet, have your machinist do it.

However, if that hub actually did anything to locate the wheel, you'd be press-fitting your wheels on and off. It's a clearance fit. In practice, your lug nuts do all the work.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
why so small a tire ? i have 245x45x18 front, on my Titan's and no prob rubbing.
275x35 on rear. i opened the hub hole with a router over 1 1/2 years ago. i am
in the process of doing 2 more now.
its the closest size to keep the speedometer the same as original 16" tires.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts