·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Steering part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire Door

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Window Steering part

2007 Chevy Colorado ls, Bought the truck not to long ago and decided I wanted to do some changes, First off I removed all the lower trims and carpet and dyed them Black, next I replaced the door panels to black ones, then it was on to the seats I wanted something that’s not the same so I purchased some nice hardly used TMI Racing Seats, Next I could not find what tracks and mounts to use found one online for $130 each but the reviews said that the rear bolt holes didn’t line up so that’s when I decided to make it my way, So I removed the factory Seats then the mounts and slides from the original seats that were in very poor condition with burn marks, I had to cut the mount sides down in order for the racing seats to fit on top also cut off the studs flush of the sliders next was to add a strip of 1/4 x 1 1/2 metal plate on top of the slides in order to mount the racing seats with the correct mounting holes, The outcome was great but the work took time, patience along with a lot of measuring.
What’s Next:
1- Racing Harness Bar with 4 point seat belts my guess is more fabrication.
2- Lowering the Truck already bought.
3- V8 Swap

·
2 timer
1,445 Posts
looking good!

Reactions: Sandbagger

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This is a follow up:
The air bag sensor and seat belts all work like it came from the factory, I removed the Passenger factory air bag bladder sensor from the original seat and installed it on the race seat just like the factory had theirs installed.
Automotive design Personal luxury car Gadget Gas Audio equipment

White Automotive lighting Vehicle Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Welcome 2 the nation
How are the seats I'm going to do the same with mine
T-Bone you have two options and it depends if it’s a daily driver or a weekend cruiser, why May you ask its simple:
Option 1- racing seats with high sides on the bottom are nice but are meant to keep you in your seat the Cons are: it’s kind of bothersome but not a deterrent to go in and out several times a day, for a delivery person then I would take option 2.
Option 2- Buy racing seats with No high sides on the bottom as it is easier to enter & exit the cab, Example Recaro Seats.
In my case it’s not my daily driver but soon it will be an evening Cruiser with lots of Ponies behind it, Good Luck on your Choices as there are several and as usual post some pics up when your done. Hint: Working on an Interior Roll bar hoop for the seat belts soon there will be pics but I’m in the beginning stages of building.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts